News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Bremen, NY July 27 & 28, 2013

Started by Smurf, July 29, 2013, 12:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurf

The New Bremen Appleseed Events are always very special. Enjoy a few pictures and please feel free to post any comments below:

Smurf

More Shoot Pictures!!!

Smurf

Some More Pictures!!!!

Smurf

Still More New Bremen Pictures!!!

Smurf

Awards Pictures!!!!

Another D.O.M.

New Bremen events are always unique and always fun.  We had a great time, and despite the rain on Sunday we had fantastic weather for this time of year.

A job well done to all who attended, and thanks to all as well.  And a hearty Congratulations to Dude on his promotion to Instructor!

I can't wait to get back there.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Dude

First time at New Bremen and I joined the range---I believe that about says it. A full 400 yards at a club that loves to see Appleseed come in and do an event. We definitely extend great thanks to the New Bremen .You can't ask for more than that. Two Riflemen-Keith1 and Keith2. Awesome job guys.  [Is this a trend? Will the Keiths surpass the Marks in NY Instructor corps? Too soon to tell.]

3 new seeders: young local patriot Jasmine starting  from scratch and making great progress.

Then, Dave[ all the way from Long Island!], stuck it out with some uncooperative equipment right through the end; and Jesse managed well on the KD range. Both  will be back to upcoming Appleseed Events in the coming months.

It was a real treat exposing 3 new shooters to the world of the M1 Garand!   ;D ;D ;D Smiles were in abundance!

What a great crew to work with, SB Smurf ran a great event for both students and instructors. Fellow instructors Grumpy1 and A-DOM completed  the experience that put this near the top of my all-time favorite shoots.

As far as the Red Hat promotion goes, I simply feel I am the product of those who've gone before me, paving the way, and encouraging [or maybe it felt like dragging sometimes] me along.
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

krisker

Ha!  You didn't miss the hat after all!!!  And I see JUST in case you stabbed it too!

Another D.O.M.

"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Grumpy1

Another GREAT Weekend for Appleseed at The New Bremin Fish and Game Club.

Five students took to the line both Saturday and Sunday, despite a brief rain shower ( about 3 inches), spirits remained high, and shooters remained on the line.

Congrats to Keith 1 and Keith 2 who both repeated Rifleman score multiple times! O0 It was Great to see you guys taking those full distance AQT out to 400 yards!

Dave and Jesse both new students, worked through some equiptment issues but stuck with it.  :) We continued on drills late into Sunday, and the payoff was evident.

Jasmine our newest Young Patriot, was only planing on one day, but convinced her Grandfather , Jack to return on Sunday for as long as she could O0.  It is Great to see that kind of persistance , and I know we wil see her again.

Thanks to Smurf our ShootBoss, and my fellow Instructors Another DOM, and Dude, You guys made this a Awesome Event as always.

Congratulations to Dude for his promotion to Instructor! Dude stayed up to the wee hours on Saturday and Sunday working on that P/C. Nice Job O0

Dude's Orange Hat didn' t fare as well, The rain let up and it was well ventilated by 2 Garands,an AR, and a 16" bayonet.

New Bremin is a unique event, and if you get the chance, give it a try. This range turns out Rifleman, and new Friends. After 3 events this year ! It seems more like a reunion, than an event.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR! :~
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

keith1

Yes, another great weekend at New Bremen! It took 3 days for my hiking boots to dry out!!! I can verify that rain doesn't present any problems for bullets. For the shooter it can. But if you get into the shooters bubble, who cares about being wet.

Thank you Smurf, ADOM, Grumpy1 and Dude for all your help.

Congratulations Dude on your promotion. Definitely enjoyed the ceremony for your orange hat.

Every Appleseed at New Bremen is special. Will definitely be there again.

Josey Wales

..Dude.. 

..Congratulations on earning your Red Hat!!  Thanks for being there always ready to lend a hand always willing to travel for the mission, ..SEMPER PARATUS..  Glad you have stayed aboard the USSAmerica with bucket in hand helping us bail..

...........Strength & Honor..................Josey Wales.............................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Smurf

It was another fantastic Appleseed Event at the New Bremen Fish and Game Club. This Club has been a mainstay in Central New York and they do a wonderful job of supporting the Appleseed Program. We do thank them for making their range a home to us for so many years.

The weekend started slowly. It was bright and beautiful on Saturday morning as the students fired on their first Redcoat Targets with a new sense of resolve after hearing the history of the First Strike. From there it was to instruction, squares and drills with our new RED HAT INSTRUCTOR Dude leading them through the IMC class. At the noon break, Grumpy1 told a wonderful version of the Second Strike to set the tone for the afternoon. The COF was designed to refine the student's skills with AQT's. By the time the powder smoke cleared, both Keith #1 and Keith #2 had each scored a 229 AQT on the same string of fire!!!!! On another RFAQT, Keith #2 ran into some major problems, stayed in the bubble, corrected and still finished on time with an AQT that scored 235!!!!! By that time the class was ready for Another D.O.M.'s rousing version of the Third Strike. Really fired up, the students then charged out to the line to confront the Redcoat Targets.

It was a sunny Sunday morning but that was soon to change. Grumpy1 did an outstanding job presenting the KD class and the students were ready to test their new knowledge on the 400-yard KD range. And that is when it started to rain!!! But Rifleman persist and a full shooting mat of water means nothing to the Rifleman!!! Another D.O.M., Grumpy1 and Dude saw their hard work of instruction really pay off. Jasmine really shined as a first timer by laying down some super groups from the center of the line. Jesse covered the left side burning through some 7.62 with some excellent results. The team of Keith #1 and Keith #2  were on the right side racing the clock on FDAQT's. Dave had some sight system issues with his 5.56 but later recovered his form with an M1 Grand!!!!  The rain continued to fall all afternoon. It was a very wet collection of the Rifleman that gathered up their equipment to head into the clubhouse to listen to Another D.O.M.'s version of Dangerous Old Men and Women at the end of the day.  And then the sun came out!!!! You all did FANTASTIC!!!!

This was perhaps an event that is typical of what New Bremen offers to both students and staff. The weather changes very rapidly from hot to cold, from sunshine to storms and then back again. A few hours after we left a storm backing 60 mph winds rolled through to the south of New Bremen.

We had a diverse group of students. One a granddaughter of a man with a long history of marksmanship in the service of his country. Two friends that came searching for something and not really sure what to expect. And a couple of experienced Appleseed students that came just because they knew what to expect and wanted more of it.

There comes a time on Sunday when the Shoot Boss seems to be the one falling further behind. You start yelling to the class "Wait up!!! Come on guys!!! WAIT UP!!! PLEASE!!!! WWWWWAIT UUUUUP!!!! And then you realize that the release point has come. The entire class of students and instructors has seemed to disappear. Each in their own way has been replaced on the firing line. It is time to throw away the COF version 27.0 and watch the class working together not as students or as instructors but as equals. AS RIFLEMEN!!!