News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Colebrook, Ct AS July 27, 2013.

Started by TOMINCT, July 28, 2013, 11:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

Nice weather, eager students and a willing IT crew made this one day event extremely successful.

Seventeen attendees took in the instruction throughout the day and with help from freedomwon, AICIRTAP, hucktuey and edleit put what was taught into practice. After the morning/early afternoon instruction and drills the AQT was introduced with some great results early on.

Adam, who heard of AS through a club member, used his tube fed Browning to make RM on the 2nd AQT with a score of 224. This was followed by Josh with a 210 and the mandatory dousing. Later Jay made it handily with a 221, Pete requalifying with a 221 and Steve finishing the day with another 210 score.

Many shooters were first time attendees and all showed progress throughout the day. The shooters were an outstanding group, for the willingness to learn and also be one of the safest groups that we worked with. A few had sighting problems and getting used to loaner rifles, but all persevered. It was good to see several families in attendance.

A big thanks goes out to NWCSA, a strong supporter of Appleseed. The club was represented by a couple members and it was good to see them there. They also had a member doing the cooking at lunchtime, a great time saver.

It was great to have a solid Ct. IT crew working this shoot. Freedomwon has been making these events regularly and with three new IIT's, AICIRTAP, Hucktuey and edleit we had the bases well covered. They did their best in both the safety end and teaching. Great job everyone!

Some various items were left behind, contact me and we'll get them back. Also, yours truly forgot the CMP certificates, please contact me and I'll send it to you.

The pics should be up soon. Tominct
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

AICIRTAP

Here are some pictures that tell the story of the day. Truely an outstanding group.

AICIRTAP