News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Houston, MO July 20-21 2013

Started by connibear, July 26, 2013, 09:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

connibear

Another great shoot here at the Big Piney Sportsman's Club. Weather was good, although we did get wet a little, and a still a lot more wet on sunday. We had rain on and off starting saturday mid afternoon, but everyone stayed on the line, of course we did have a few easy ups so some folks got to shoot without rain right on top of them, but everyone still got wet. The rain was a welcome relief to the hot humid weather we started out with.We had one rifleman shine one sunday, congrats to mitchell, and several were knocking at the door. Benjamin, I wish we could have found that extra point to get you to 210, but several instructors looked it over and couldn't come up with it. No doubt you start dry firing, practice your steady hold factors, six steps, NPOA, and riflemans cadence and I'm about sure tou will qualify. Thanks to all the shooters who came, we had 20 total, I hope you will come again and bring a friend or two or three. Thanks to all the instructors, I know most of you traveled several hours to come, and I bet your glad you did. Many hands make light work.
Most of all thankyou to the Big Piney Sportsman's Club for hosting this event, and for supplying lunch and even waiving range fee. You guys are great, and look forward to have more shoots with you all. I know get on with the pics, well I shall post shortly.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

connibear

some reason I can't post very many, so this will be in several segments  ;)

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

connibear

some more

connibear

more

connibear

wow I can only do four at a time.  :wb:

connibear

more

connibear

more

connibear

Finally! This is it.

alkirer308

Yes, It was another great shoot at BPSC. We had a good bunch of shooters and Staff. It is always a great pleasure to work with folks and see their improvement. Wish that Ben could have Squeezed another point , but I'm Sure that he will next time. Which will be comming up on 10/11 August. Ezra I know that big brother has taught you some bad habits but you can overcome ( Just Kidding) You can shoot when you follow all the basics and "Get Into Your Bubble". Hope that you can come back next time.. Always a pleasure working with Thursday.. Looking forward to August.. alkirer308
"An Armed Society Is A Polite Society"
Stand Up For Your GOD Given Rights!

Steck

Great photos, Connibear!  What a fine group of shooters.

209Ken

Totally agree with connibear - Big Piney Sportsmans Club is a great range with great members.
I want to give a special Thank You to Alkirer308 for bringing his Springfield M1A and a bunch of ammo out on Sunday afternoon to let us try to ring some steel at 200 yards. A great way to end the weekend.
I'm having trouble posting pics - I will keep trying...
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

alkirer308

Ken

Next time, if time allows ,we will do some at 400,500,and 600 . FUN ! FUN! FUN!!! Good working with you..Ralph
"An Armed Society Is A Polite Society"
Stand Up For Your GOD Given Rights!

duckcreek51

I want to give a special thanks to Big Piney Sportsman Club for hosting AS.  Thursday, great job as shoot boss.  It was a good two days with just a little rain, but we treaded through together even if we were a little wet.  We had a lot of good shooters.  Hopefully I will see a lot of you back at Houston in a couple of weeks.   :~

I would also like to thank all of the senior instructors for their support and encouragement. 

Also, congratulations to connibear and 209Ken for earning their red hats! 

Thank you alkirer308 for all of your had work at BPSC in making it a great place for an AS shoot.  Thanks for letting the instructors shoot your M14; it was a GREAT way to end the weekend.  Any day is a great day to smell burning gun powder.   :---

Again, looking forward to seeing you all again in a couple of weeks.

"As for this damned old fox, the Devil himself could not catch him."

RiflesnReins

It sounds like you all had an awesome weekend over there in Missouri. Congratulations to Connibear and 209Ken. Hope to work with everyone at Rosebud in September.

RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

209Ken

Pictures!! (Thank You ATM)  ;D

Connibear teaching IMC

The third strike

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Mutti

Wow!  What a nice set of photos! Looks like a great group.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)