News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

La Grande, OR, July 27/28, 2013 AAR

Started by Prescott, July 26, 2013, 12:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

Oregon had another spectacular event this last weekend in La Grande.   The weather was spectacular and the people that participated in the event were fantastic.   I really enjoyed my time in La Grande spreading the skill of marksmanship and the heritage of our country.

I would like to thank all the participates and instructors for taking time out of their busy lives to come and participate in the event.  I know everyone has a choice on how they want to spend their weekends and I appreciate everyone taking time out of their busy lives to help spread the word of Liberty.

I would also like to thank Lance for organizing the event with the La Grande Rifle and Pistol Club, who so generously let us use their river range for the weekend.  I appreciate all the time you put into the organization of the shoot and for spreading the word of the event around the La Grande area.   This was a great family event and it was good to see so many families shooting on the line together.   Also, thanks for taking up an Orange Hat and helping out Project Appleseed in Eastern Oregon.

Congratulation to our new Rifleman, Jeff, who shot three rifleman scores on Sunday.   Jeff came to an AS last summer in Nampa, ID and spent the last year practicing the skills he was taught.   Jeff showed that practice and determination are key fundamentals to becoming a R, and he demonstrated that he knew very well what he was all about!

We had a couple shooter, Oleg and Stephanie, who both shot a 209 on the AQT.   Each had an issue with the correct number of holes in the correct targets (I think Stephanie had some help, as her target has 52 holes), and if they would have been shot clean targets they would both have their Rifleman patch.

Troy and Ty, thanks for coming out and putting on a marksmanship demonstration for us.   You are both very proficient shooters, and you both re-qualified your Rifleman scores on multiple AQTs.  Congratulations to Troy for joining the elite 240+ club.   Now it time to put on the Orange Hats and help spread the Appleseed mission around Oregon and Washington.

The instructors also witnessed many participants who's marksmanship skills greatly increased over the weekend.  It was also enjoyable to work with the first time shooters and the young shooters on the line.   I encourage you to keep practicing the skills you learned over the weekend, as these skills are perishable and need to be practiced to keep them fresh.

I also need to thank everyone who provided the meal after the shoot on Saturday night.   It was a pleasure getting to share a meal with the participants and their families. We usually do not get this level of hospitality, and after a full day on the line, it was very much appreciated.

I am looking forward to coming back to La Grande next summer and turning the town into a community of Rifleman.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

jwhitesell

Thank you to everyone who helped make the shoot in La Grande possible! We can't wait for next year and are telling all our friends about it :)

jwhitesell

Pictures of Prescott from this weekend

jwhitesell

More pics

jwhitesell

and more...

jwhitesell

Sorry, it will only let me load two pics at a time. Trying to pick my absolute favorites :P

jwhitesell

more pics

jwhitesell

Nero

We finally got to a campground where the WiFi is good enough for pictures!  (Props to Port Orford RV Village, where it's 60 degrees!)

First off, thanks to all the shooters for coming out, and for the hospitality to us border raiders.

Secondly, it was great to work with Prescott again, and to meet RL, CM and Lance.  Hope to see you down the trail again!

And now, some pix!

Oregon's newest orange hat!  Huzzah!   ^:)^

Attention to instruction

Posterity!

There are some things that have not changed since 1775.   ;D

The mats show that this line has been Appleseed'ed!

Jeff is showing perfect form

Sunday history

We learned the origin of the expression "flash in the pan" (but thanks for trying, JW)

It's AQT time!

Standing and snipers on Sunday

Jeff collects the reward for that perfect form - Rifleman!  Huzzah!

Troy wore his boring hat on Sunday, but requal'ed with a 244 anyway!!!  Huzzah!

Picking up the brass?  No, catching grasshoppers!   ;D

Is this a beautiful spot for a range, or what?

There are more pix in the full album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/114208333789247233986/LaGrandeOR713
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

jwhitesell

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication! You guys are amazing O0

Nero

I promised this link for the home schoolers who attended:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=33556.0

The 'follow-through guide' has summaries of the marksmanship material, and study questions and links to reference materials for the heritage.  I was prepared by one of our home schooling instructors, Bullet.  It's available in PDF, DOC, and two ebook formats.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass