News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX July 20, 2013

Started by spitstickler, July 22, 2013, 08:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitstickler

We had our first event at a new range in DFW on Saturday and it was a great one. Tate and Michelle from Big Boar Tactical were very gracious hosts and the event went off about as perfectly as one could ever hope for. Big thanks to all the instructors who came out and made this event happen.

This was a one-day, private event put together for a boys club of mostly father and sons, but we had a few moms come and join in the fun as well. Most of the young men had limited experience with shooting and there were a lot of new rifles on the line Sat morning. (one of them was still sporting the manufacturer's stickers)

Knowing Barry and his two boys from a previous local April event, I should have known better, but I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking this could be a potentially long day.  :cool2:

I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. There was no "fooling around", no early/late shots, no safety violations to speak of. These young men were squared away. They listened intently, were able to answer questions about points of instruction when asked, and always replied with a "Yes sir or No sir." I was impressed!  Obviously these boys have been raised right and that is a huge testament to their parents and this group of families.

By the end of the event, I felt it... even stronger  than I have in a long time.

There is hope for America.

More pics: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.546486698741829.1073741829.112988112091692&type=1

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

spitstickler

and I forgot to mention... Not one scope on the line. Everyone was running irons.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison