News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Crawfordsville, IN July 20-21, 2013

Started by ATM, July 22, 2013, 02:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATM

Another great event at Crawfordsville Gun Club!

Tom, Jim, Jacob and Brenda joined us for a weekend of heritage and marksmanship, braving the elements to reconnect with a forgotten tradition. It really was a pleasure getting to know each of you.  :)

ACUTEE, kate, and CLEAN kept the event running safely and smoothly, ensuring that we could all have fun as we learned.

My thanks to all of you for coming out, Americans looking out for each other is what it's all about. I know you'll tell others and bring them back with you. I'll bring a bigger grill if need be.  ;)

I'll get some pictures and more detailed comments up later today, but go ahead and add whatever you've got.

Here's a teaser pic:

I'm gonna go make sure my rifle's safe...  ^:)^
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

HarleyCowgirl

This was my first Appleseed.  I looked forward to the stories during breaks and lunch periods.  I left Saturday wondering what twists the stories would have on Sunday.  Not only did I learn fundamentals of marksmanship, but I learned a lot about my own endurance and capabilites, as well as pieces of history I otherwise would not have known.  I came home both nights hot, sweaty, dirty, sore, and tired.  But at the same time energized.  I loved the weekend and look forward to doing it all over this fall. 

We worked hard to improve our marksmanship but also had fun in the process.  Learning has a fun side with you have a little crazy added in.

Before I took the course, I talked to several people about signing up.  Now that I have experienced the weekend, I will start making the rounds again strongly encouraging others to participate.

Thanks to ATM, ACUTEE, Kate, and Clean for making this weekend a memorable one.

HC

kate

Time for PICTURES!!  :pics: Videos will be posed later. (these pics are also up on the Indiana Appleseed Project Facebook page, feel free to tag yourself!)

[/img]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q77/s720x720/555200_408479539268430_1752403831_n.jpg[/img]

A HUGE thank you to Jim, Jacob, Tom, and Brenda for making my weekend fantastic!! I hope to meet you all again out on the Appleseed trail!

-kate  ;D

ATM

Another batch of pics!

Coaching each other through the Ball and Dummy drill:

ACUTEE, Apple to the Core!

grunt soldier claims that standing is the BEST position, something about being closer to heaven...  #)

Personally, I like the ground when I'm afforded that luxury.  ;)

Sunday begins with some refresher instruction as the fog clears...

CLEAN and kate strike their "AQT time" pose:

Let's back it up to 100 yards, measure our come ups and ring some steel. BOOM DING! BOOM DING!

Hated for it to end, what a great weekend!

rhino

Looks like a good day!  I'm pleased to see the young man representing those rugged individuals among us who choose to shoot bolt-actions!

grunt soldier

sir the standing position is the best position!  it's how you might say I bring home the bacon :)   Bacon!!!

Looks like a great weekend.  I wish I had the days off so I could join you great group of Americans!  I know it's been a few months since I have heard the safe rifle singing angel known as ATM sing!! I might be going through withdraw.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

ATM

Quote from: rhino on July 23, 2013, 08:44:02 PM
Looks like a good day!  I'm pleased to see the young man representing those rugged individuals among us who choose to shoot bolt-actions!

He is already far more rugged than you.  ;) He did run it quite well - rhinoworthy you might say.

Quote from: grunt soldier on July 24, 2013, 01:02:07 AM
sir the standing position is the best position!

:cool2: You are a freak of nature, sir.

Quote...I might be going through withdraw.

Out of network ATM withdraw... that's a $3.00 surcharge.  ;D

rhino

Quote from: grunt soldier on July 24, 2013, 01:02:07 AM
sir the standing position is the best position!  it's how you might say I bring home the bacon :)   Bacon!!!

I like the standing string too.  With that big ol' target, I can expect to get 48-50 points.

rhino

Quote from: ATM on July 24, 2013, 10:08:12 AM

He is already far more rugged than you.  ;) He did run it quite well - rhinoworthy you might say.

That goes without sayin'!

benning375

This was my first Appleseed and I had a really good time. The experiance was informational, educational and at times quite intertaining. I learned a lot and had a chance to make some new friends. I would like to say thanks to ATM, Kate and Clean. They did a great job. I plan on doing this again and have recommended Appleseed to a couple of people.

BALD EAGLE

This was my first Appleseed as an instructor in training. I couldn't have asked for a better group to spend my weekend with. Jacob you get my Perseverance Award. You stuck with the bolt action all weekend even after I offered my semi auto.

ATM, Acutee and Kate you were a big help. You all showed great knowledge and a passion for this organization. Especially Kate, you are a pleasant surprise.  You taught me so much in the 2 days.

For those who want to see ATM one more time with his rendition of "Unload and Clear" I will attempt to upload one here.

Thank you all again for coming out and sticking with it through the downpour on Saturday and for the great pitch in on Sunday. There's nothing like good friends, good food, gun powder and Patriots on the range for a weekend!

BALD EAGLE

My kids didn't like my choice of names so I changed it from CLEAN to BALD EAGLE.

kate

QuoteThis was my first Appleseed and I had a really good time. The experiance was informational, educational and at times quite intertaining. I learned a lot and had a chance to make some new friends. I would like to say thanks to ATM, Kate and Clean. They did a great job. I plan on doing this again and have recommended Appleseed to a couple of people.

You are very welcome... or should I say thank you for being an upstanding patriot and 7th stepping!  O0

This was my first Appleseed.  I looked forward to the stories during breaks and lunch periods.  I left Saturday wondering what twists the stories would have on Sunday.  Not only did I learn fundamentals of marksmanship, but I learned a lot about my own endurance and capabilities, as well as pieces of history I otherwise would not have known.   O0 I came home both nights hot, sweaty, dirty, sore, and tired.  But at the same time energized.  I loved the weekend and look forward to doing it all over this fall. 

We worked hard to improve our marksmanship but also had fun in the process.  Learning has a fun side with you have a little crazy added in.    **)

Before I took the course, I talked to several people about signing up.  Now that I have experienced the weekend, I will start making the rounds again strongly encouraging others to participate.  :bow:

Thanks to ATM, ACUTEE, Kate, and Clean [OH NO!! Now we have to go back through and change it to BALD EAGLE  :slap:  ]  for making this weekend a memorable one. 

HC

Another wonderful upstanding patriot! This thread just couldn't get any better!!

I had a fabulous time at this shoot and think it worthy of a reunion  ;D Does a Crawfordsville winterseed work for everyone? We made it through the rain, how much harder can snow be?!  &)

-kate

ATM

Quote from: BALD EAGLE on July 28, 2013, 10:51:48 PM
My kids didn't like my choice of names so I changed it from CLEAN to BALD EAGLE.

Ya can't just be changin' your name like that...   :cool2:

I think there's a form ya gotta fill out...  ??? or somethin'...

oh, nevermind. I like BALD EAGLE!  ;)

HarleyCowgirl

I plan to attend the November shoot.  Eventhough I totally despise the cold, I am waiting for ATM to post the 2014 schedule and considering a Winterseed.  Taking stock of what I currently have and will need to stay warm while trying to change positions during those darned timed AQT's.  I'm thinking we will also need a fire, hot dogs with mustard and relish for lunch, smores and hot chocolate on breaks . . . .

kate

QuoteI'm thinking we will also need a fire, hot dogs with mustard and relish for lunch, smores and hot chocolate on breaks . . . .

Here Here!!

-kate

BALD EAGLE

I like the way you think there !

Quote from: HarleyCowgirl on July 29, 2013, 09:32:38 AM
I plan to attend the November shoot.  Eventhough I totally despise the cold, I am waiting for ATM to post the 2014 schedule and considering a Winterseed.  Taking stock of what I currently have and will need to stay warm while trying to change positions during those darned timed AQT's.  I'm thinking we will also need a fire, hot dogs with mustard and relish for lunch, smores and hot chocolate on breaks . . . .

Dad-n-Lad

This was our first Appleseed and we really enjoyed it.
Cudos to ATM, Kate, Clean, and Acutee for making it
A memorable and enjoyable weekend.  While looking
At the posted pictures, I didn't realize what a pair of
Bookends we are.  Looking forward to coming to another
Shoot next summer and bringing some friends with us.
Who knows, might even be able to talk the wife and
daughters into coming along.
Can't say enough about the program and what I learned
about shooting.  Especially enjoyed the stories.

BALD EAGLE

Don't wait until next summer, come join us this fall or for a winterseed!!

Pitmaster

Quote from: BALD EAGLE on August 04, 2013, 01:48:15 AM
Don't wait until next summer, come join us this fall or for a winterseed!!

Agreed, I've shot in all 4 seasons. Summer is my least favorite. Winter really isn't that bad unless its really windy and cold. Dressing for the weather always help. You can always add layers of clothing in the winter to get warm. During summer heat there is a limit to the amount of clothing you can remove.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Orangedotfever

"During summer heat there is a limit to the amount of clothing you can remove."

Ain't that the truth.  ;D
"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.