News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Great Falls MT July 20 2013

Started by Mark Davis, July 22, 2013, 12:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

Slim shooter numbers, but a good shoot anyway.
We got a cannon and brown bess demonstration on Saterday
Gabby, five years old used a bipod and sand bag. Guided by her father she hit the paper and had a great time.
Collin and Art were with us  one day.
Zack arrived at noon for quickly got up to speed and fired a 205. He could not come back on Sunday but stayed out at the range with the instructors untill 8 PM getting to hear about dangerous old men.
Nancy and Josh fired both days, both are in reach of the rifleman's award, but not yet.

m1awolf

Sorry I couldn't make it this weekend, I had to work Saturday and needed some down time on Sunday as I have been working almost nonstop since the end of May. looking forward to the next shoot that I wont miss. I need to get with Kaiser about my progress, I should have cleared IIT2 last shoot but he didn't remember and needs a paper trail evidently.
A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

peterlandsiedel

Cannon and Brown Bess "demonstration" is an understatement. It was a cannon and musket extravaganza! I was thrilled to have the opportunity to shoot that Brown Bess. The experience definitely cemented the importance of "follow through."

We had a great group of shooters who were eager to learn, and fun was had by all. Watching Zach shoot a 205 on his first AQT was quite the sight to see.

Nancy, you are almost there! Dry fire dry fire dry fire. And when you're done with that, dry fire some more.

Josh, dry firing is equally important for you, but if you really want to bump your score up, I'd pull off that red dot and try out your irons. Not that you can't shoot 210 with a red dot, but I think you're more likely to succeed with irons.

Carlson

Carlson

Photos from Sunday Afternoon:

Nancy and Paul (Countree)

Peter (Peterlandseidel) and Jacob

Peterlandseidel

Countree

Nancy

Carlson

I really enjoyed the opportunity to work with a new team in a new location.  I hope I'll be able to bring more tools from the New Mexico toolbox during the next Appleseed event.

Peter, thanks for the tip with the Vet Wrap.  Vet Wrap will be a lot easier on the rifles finish than the Duct Tape I usually use.  Ergonomics can make or break an AQT Score.

Countree

Thank you to everyone that made it to the shoot! I always enjoy the company of the instructors and shooters! So many good and awesome memories! You can't beat the cannon and musket!

Those are some great pics Matt! Thank you for all the great visual aids and all the help! Hope you hold onto the trophy that you earned this weekend, there are plenty more were that came from! lol

I have said it before and I will say it many more times- Project Appleseed brings some great people together! I really enjoy that!

Great Job everyone and I hope to see you on the line again very soon! I want to give out some of these Rifleman patches. So practice up and break the barrier!