News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Brand New

Started by HomeschoolPater, July 19, 2013, 01:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HomeschoolPater

Hi -
OK, I'm brand new at this. We have been homeschooling for years... I'm brand new to Appleseed.

I found Appleseed because of a friend. Then my wife and I organized a Liberty Seed event for a homeschool group that she organizes. It was great.

I'm attending my first Appleseed next month (August) and my second one the month after (September).

I plan to try and host one after that for all the homeschoolers in the area. That's what I would like advice on. What is critical and what should I expect or what do I have to do to be a host?

Thanks!

George Hacker

Welcome!

This will give you more information about hosting an event:  http://appleseedusa.org/host_appleseed.html

Contact the instructors who gave your libertyseed.  I'm sure they would be happy to help you through the process of getting an Appleseed for your group.

In liberty,

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Bullet

That's super about the homeschool Libertyseed and potential Appleseed. Thanks for being willing to host it! I've instructed a lot of homeschoolers at Appleseeds and always enjoy it.

One thing to note is that a lot of homeschool families, even if they do shoot and own firearms, aren't likely to have a rifle for each person. You may want to check into getting loaner rifles. (Appleseed itself doesn't loan out rifles, but sometimes the individual instructors do.)

I'm sure your local instructors can get you set up with a shoot, but if you need any help specifically on the homeschool group aspect, feel free to contact me.

Bullet
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams