News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Corona July 13-14 2013 IS A GO No Problems

Started by V, July 12, 2013, 12:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

UPDATE
Fri 9:35
Got hold of Pat and he assures me we are good to go this weekend.

Cheers
Phil

Folks,

I posted this message over at Calguns on the Appleseed Project board.

some of you may have received or seen posts earlier this week about Raahauge's pistol and rifle ranges being closed till further notice.

As the shootboss for this weeks shoot I enquired on Tuesday whether this meant the Appleseed this weekend would be going ahead. Opinions seemed to favor that this weekend will still be ok.

I phoned earlier today (Thursday 11th July) to confirm and was told by Pat that he would phone me later today to confirm whether it was on or cancelled. I have not received any call and don't have an out-of-hours number for him.

I'll try again tomorrow to find out and will post here and on the Appleseed Forum what I find out.

The problem will be at this late stage, that people who haven't registered and for who we don't have contact info may still turn up at the range and people may not see any notices here or at Appleseed in time so I will still have to turn up to tell people about their options.

If I annouce its cancelled and at the last minute Raahauges come through I may end up with people who turn up to a non-cancelled shoot. If I don't announce its cancelled and Raahauge's don't come through then I end up with people who are out gas, time etc who turn up for a cancelled shoot. So damned if I do damned if I don't.

If you are registered for this shoot and decide you want to avoid the hassle contact me via PM, email or phone to let me know and I'll let you know how to transfer your tickets for another shoot/time.

I will update this message tomorrow once I get some firm news from the range. If it is cancelled and your are registered/paid I will let you know how to tranfer your ticket/refund etc.

Sorry for this uncertainty but its always an adventure shooting at Raahauge's.

Cheers
V

Rocket Man

That's tough.  Hope it works out for everyone.

FYI I have a range at Burro Canyon in Azusa (~ 45 minutes north of Rahaague's) this weekend, and plenty of space on my line.  I'm ostensibly doing an all-KD weekend but we could coordinate a side-by-side event.  You remember the range, it's a big wide one.

You probably won't know the status of your shoot in enough time to coordinate this switch, but in case you do, the option is open...
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

V

Modified original message with update

NO Problems, Pat assures me we are good to go for this weekend.