News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chaseburg, WI July 6-7, 2013

Started by Trisha, July 08, 2013, 10:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

I woke up at the crack of dawn, jumped in my car and drove a couple hours through the rolling hills of Wisconsin to arrive at Chaseburg Rod and Gun, a beautiful range tucked into the hills. My instructors have arrived, Dan1, Dan2 and Wally excited to help to wake up their fellow American's. Then to my disbelief I saw a Blue Hat!! I love seeing Blue Hats at Appleseeds, they help out so much. Hiromi thank you for helping me out whenever I asked!

We had a total of 9 shooters who braved the heat and to not only entertain themselves for the weekend, but to better themselves. Thank you all for coming out and spending your weekend with us, I hope you were able to take a lot away from this weekend, rifle skills and stories.

Linda was so close to scoring Rifleman this time, she ended with a 207. Enrique was knocking on the door too, I think the highest I saw was a 188. Everyone else definitely continued to improve throughout the weekend even if Rifleman score was right there. Nicole and Cloe(mother and daughter duo) came knowing a little bit, but left with much more knowledge of how to handle their rifles safely and how to shoot them accurately. Keep it up ladies and I hope to see you in River Falls for the Ladyseed!! It will be a lot of fun, I promise.

Chris and his son Hunter came out (a father and son duo), braved the heat as well and continued to show much improvement to the point where I had Chris be my dummy for the prone position on Sunday. Chris your position looked great, keep it up and that NPOA will be there, you are so close! I hope you both are able to come back again too.

Heath and his son Mason attended and worked hard using their AR-15s on Saturday and you both tried really hard to get the positions down, I hope everything comes together, equipment and position, next time you come to an Appleseed.

On Sunday a man named Scott showed up to shoot...an Orange Hat from MN...had me wondering if Aftermath sent him over the Cheddar Curtain to spy on us....since not only did we have Scott, but Wally and his wife Hiromi ventured their way over the Cheddar Curtain to see what Wisconsin was doing. I had to keep a close eye on those from MN because there was no way I was going to let them sneak in and push Wisconsin's Border East... ;)  &)  ;D

I had a great weekend and I hope all can make it back to the Appleseed in Chaseburg in October(to be set up soon)

Photos coming soon too.

FreedomV

Thank you Trish, it was good to Meet you and everyone at the shoot Sunday--
and shoot timed AQT's and re-qualify.
I look forward to promoting and Attending more LaCrosse Area Shoots
I sent 36G an email to order more laser trainer inserts,
Illegitimi non carborundum

Dan 1

^:)^  Nicole and Chloe rounded out our parent child trio.   reminded me of the Lexington Green  Families gathered together to defend their freedom then,  families gathered together learning to defend their freedom now.     O0 waking up America one family group at a time.    It was again a pleasure to host another seed at Chaseburg.     a sincere thank you to Chaseburg Rod and Gun for allowing us to take over their trap range for the weekend.      use of the air-conditioned clubhouse for lunch and first strike was a Godsend.     thanks to Dan2 and Chuck  and all the instructors for helping take down the target line.   awesome goulash and brats for lunch :bow:   

ahhshoot

Great job instructors.
Those close to Rifleman, the word you're looking for is persistence!

Thank you Chaseburg Rod and Gun. It's a beautiful range and we appreciate you hosting us. :bow:
The past is only the future with the lights on.

Wally

Dan1 & Dan2, great meeting you, looking forward to seeing you on the Appleseed trail again in the future!  Trisha, Thank You for stepping up and Shoot Bossing this event, and for all the great instuction and input. O0 O0 O0

Quote from: Trisha on July 08, 2013, 10:49:47 AM
not only did we have Scott, but Wally and his wife Hiromi ventured their way over the Cheddar Curtain to see what Wisconsin was doing. I had to keep a close eye on those from MN because there was no way I was going to let them sneak in and push Wisconsin's Border East... ;)  &)  ;D

"We Eat your Cheddar!!!"   (actually, we did, cheddar cheese at lunch, what is it, a staple? **))

Myself being a longtime native of the Mississippi River Valley, I claim no allegiance to those government legislated boundaries, but to natural geographic locations. Not to be greedy, I shall limit myself to the areas, oh, let's say within 24 hrs walking distance of the Mississippi River Valley, with Hastings being the Northern limit, and Dubuque on the south.  I claim this region to be now known as WallyWorld  umm, Land, yes, WallyLand (much better) ^:)^
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy" --Montesquieu

A book written by my Sixth Great Grandfather,  "Recollections of an Old Soldier. The life of Captain David Perry, a soldier of the French and Revolutionary Wars." (1822)  http://archive.org/stream/recollectionsofo00perr#page/n1/mode/2up

Wally

Hmmm, only had one picture on my phone, but I kinda like it.  ;)
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy" --Montesquieu

A book written by my Sixth Great Grandfather,  "Recollections of an Old Soldier. The life of Captain David Perry, a soldier of the French and Revolutionary Wars." (1822)  http://archive.org/stream/recollectionsofo00perr#page/n1/mode/2up

dragonfly

Well done everyone  O0 O0
D~fly Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Trisha

Photos!

What we are welcomed with

Our group photo

Standing Instruction

Nicole in the Standing Position

Her daughter, Cloe practicing the standing position

Trisha

More Photos!

Our Blue Hat, Hiromi trying out some of the instruction, keep it up!

Dan1 telling Samuel Whittemore's story

Dan2 describing the AQT

My IIT's hard at work.... &)

Trisha

Student's teaching students:

Heath shooting, Enrique teaching

Nicole carding Scott's sights

Smiles! Cloe and Hiromi

Chris and Linda

Trisha

Team building!!

Winners of the Star Shoot: Linda and Enrique

Winners of the Redcoat target: Scott and Nicole with a whopping 560 points!

Last but not least, Cloe received the Persevering Posterity Patch:

Keep up all the hard work everyone! I hope to see you all again at another Appleseed, whether thats in person or on here!

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Trisha

AFTERMATH

And while you're watching that hand..... ::)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Trisha

Quote from: AFTERMATH on July 09, 2013, 10:30:30 PM
And while you're watching that hand..... ::)

I'm watching the other...

Trig

Looks like another fantastic shoot!! Thanks to all the shooters who take time out of their lives to help make our country better, one weekenda t a time.  And to our instructors for runing the show!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Dan2

Yep it was a great couple of days.  Trisha did a super job as did Wally Dan 1.  The red coat target has sparked my interest in Daniel Morgan.  The more I read about him the deeper I get into it.  He was wild and crazy guy before April 19th.  I truly enjoy doing the dangerous old men remembrances'.  Linda is so close and yes guys her rifle is in pieces on my bench. I WILL find out why those magazines won't drop. 

See you again real soon......

Stay safe out there

Dan2