News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Toast to Liberty

Started by Unbridled Liberty, July 07, 2013, 10:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

I think Brian Heeter's idea of a Toast to Liberty as a way of encouraging shooters to drink water is great.  I've been thinking about incorporating this at my shoots and want to expand on Brian's idea by adding a little history to the hydration break.

Remember the fifer for the Lexington Training Band, young Jonathan Harrington?  You know, the 16 year old who slept through all the commotion, who was awoken by his mother with the words "Jonathan, Jonathan wake up!  The Regulars are coming out, and something must be done."?

As we know, he took his place on the green and saw his 30 year old cousin, also named Jonathan Harrington, shot in the back.  You may not know that he lived in Lexington all his life and died in 1854 as the last survivor of the battle.

On April 19, 1850 at the age of 91, he offered a toast at a banquet commemorating the 75th anniversary of the battles of Lexington and Concord:

"The 19th of April, 1775.  All who remember that day will support the Constitution of the United States."

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

grunt soldier

I like it sir!  nice piece of history
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata