News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Atterbury in August...

Started by ShootinRN, July 06, 2013, 09:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShootinRN

Hi,
Atterbury is on the schedule in August, is it cool to register?  I saw it available on the schedule and it said to f/u on the Indiana board and I haven't seen mention of it.  Been looking forward to this opportunity, thanks for the hard work!
"Rifle first, Rifle last, Rifle always..."

AuntieBellum

Yep, go sign up!  It'll be a blast!!!   :---
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

ShootinRN

ShootinRN

Is there camping on site?  I tried to search but I couldn't come up with anything, probably right in front of me though...

Brown

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

grunt soldier

custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

ATM

Bacon?  :cool2:

Mmm... this thread is relevant to my interests.
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

DaveD

Bacon?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

spitfire51

I really shouldn't have opened this thread right before lunchtime.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

ShootinRN

Should we have a "bacon challenge" for Saturday or Sunday morning...?!

slim

Quote from: ShootinRN on July 19, 2013, 07:31:41 PM
Should we have a "bacon challenge" for Saturday or Sunday morning...?!

Or? Did you say OR?

I believe what you meant to say was AND!

ShootinRN

That's one lap to and from the 400 yard line for the oversight...though we may not have that much time in the day!!!!  Hahaha...

Wild Deuce

For all ...

I know we are not responsible for maintenance but ...

I'll be in the pits this weekend (Saturday). Would it be ok to bring a quart of motor oil to drizzle on the target carriages (chains/tracks) if we find one that is running slow/rough? I know they use grease and that the weights are adjustable as well but sometimes it seems like things are pretty dry and oil would go a long way towards helping things.

yellowhousejake

Quote from: Wild Deuce on August 01, 2013, 01:59:38 PM
For all ...

I know we are not responsible for maintenance but ...

I'll be in the pits this weekend (Saturday). Would it be ok to bring a quart of motor oil to drizzle on the target carriages (chains/tracks) if we find one that is running slow/rough? I know they use grease and that the weights are adjustable as well but sometimes it seems like things are pretty dry and oil would go a long way towards helping things.

Motorcycle spray chain lube would be the best of both worlds (oil vs dry lithium). I didn't see nothing, I heard nothing, I was never in the pits...

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Maynard

Quote from: yellowhousejake on August 01, 2013, 02:41:34 PM

Motorcycle spray chain lube would be the best of both worlds (oil vs dry lithium). I didn't see nothing, I heard nothing, I was never in the pits...

YHJ

I've got an extra can laying around and will bring it...
Maynard

brianheeter

Do we have a start time for the Friday work session to get things set up?
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

yellowhousejake

I will be there at 2pm for the deconfliction meeting, and sticking around. As soon as I get a qualified RSO and they let me sign out the range, I'll get started. The latest would be 6PM.

We should be fine with 10 frames setup. We have eight students and I want to have two frames for some instructors who can't make it in October.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ