News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SAN JOSE LADYSEED JUNE 29-30, 2013 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, July 03, 2013, 02:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

San Jose Ladyseed June 29-30

Weather- near 100 both days...a breeze in the mid afternoon to help cool us off some.
Thank Heavens for covered shooting area!

7 wonderful American Ladies came out Saturday to learn marksmanship skills.  4 came back on Sunday.

After the introduction and safety briefing it was on to the first Red Coats and a beginning to the instruction for the day. 

This group of ladies was awesome.  They took what we told them and put it to use.  The more we shot the better the groups started to look.  It was wonderful!!

We broke for lunch and told the strikes and cooled off under the water mister that eaglescouter put up for us. 

After lunch it was back to the teaching and learning.  Due to the time constraints of this range we weren't able to get in an AQT but we got the learning and the history in.  These ladies were wonderful.  7 Ladies left as Riflewomen in heart.  Tonya, Apple and Leila we missed you on Sunday and hope that you can make it to another shoot sometime!!

Sunday was (or seemed) a little bit cooler.  Christine, Krystle, Yoon and Jen showed up ready to get to work. We started with the safety briefing and then began the review of Saturday's instruction.  The ladies were very focused and determined to get it right.  They were doing an awesome job! 

A break for a cooling lunch under the water misters again and stories about the dangerous old men and determined dames, then it was back to the line and the AQT's

No riflewomen this weekend in score but Sunday showed 4 Riflewomen in heart.  A bit more practice and they will be there.  Ladies, I certainly hope you come to another Project Appleseed soon. You are AWESOME!!

Thank you all very much for coming out.

Thank you all very much for helping us pack up.

American Amazon...thanks for the yummy, cute Red Coat cookies and all you did to get things going on this shoot. 
Ducky....thanks for the tea and ice.
Melissa...wonderful job of instructing and stories.
Mamasgotaruger ....thank you for all your wonderful help.
Nero and eaglescouter...I know you weren't officially there but thank you for your help and support!

Vinnie

Nero

For those who were interested in our AS-friendly light rifle classes at Castro Valley (Chabot Gun Club), the info is here:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23542.0

along with downloads of targets that you can use on the public lines at Chabot.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Melissa

Many thanks to everyone involved for another fantastic weekend!  ;D

Melissa

NorCal22Gal

Melissa, thanks to you and you family for putting together the great pictures!!!

wingwrench

I am pretty sure I saw a couple of pics in the slide show showing a gal using a Mosin Nagant 91/30 with a healthy number of loaded stripper clips; am I correct -or- do my eyes deceive me?

Nero

Quote from: wingwrench on July 06, 2013, 08:33:03 PM
I am pretty sure I saw a couple of pics in the slide show showing a gal using a Mosin Nagant 91/30 with a healthy number of loaded stripper clips; am I correct -or- do my eyes deceive me?

That was indeed a Mosin - beautiful rifle, she said she'd picked it up for $99.  She did a great job controlling that bad boy.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Eljay

That's doing things the hard way.  I hope the stripper clips were working for her.

wingwrench

Beautiful, yes; "bad boy rifle"; ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I have seen what 7.62X54R does to 1/2 inch and full one inch steel plate from 25 meters..... They demand respect! I am sure somewhat slower than a Garand's rate of fire; but about equivalent for energy delivered to a hit target. It's best to have good positioning when firing; it hurts less the next day. A year and a half to two years ago, $89 on sale. 880 rd ammunition as low as $179.90 about two minutes ago.......

Hat off to the gal with the Mosin; she has my respect!!