News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wilmington, OH - Jun. 29/30, 2013

Started by slim, July 01, 2013, 11:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

The sun broke through the fog and played amongst the mounds of Ft. Ancient as I crested the hill on my way to Wilmington. The Big Rifleman in the Sky reminded me, en route, of the historical connection to the marksmanship. "Don't just show up and teach them to shoot. Tell them the story!"

Just a few minutes later I arrived and found several volunteers - with donuts! - setting up the target line in preparation for the task of getting personally involved in saving the country and participating in the Heritage of Marksmanship.  ^:)^ After a donut or two the remainder of our shooters and volunteers arrived and we set off (early!) to hone the art of riflecraft. Dark skies and the imminent threat of rain couldn't stop these shooters from saving the country!

Every single one of our pre-registered shooters showed up.  ^:)^

We set to work building on the fundamentals and practicing the field positions pausing only for an outstanding buffet put on by the CCFSA kitchen staff (The food alone is worth coming for, folks!) and that history story that's the real hook of Appleseed events, the Strikes of the Match. After a bit more shooting and a few more stories, we put the skills to the test on the anvil of the AQT. Worn out shooters were able to improve their scores a bit and work through the issues, many of which were provided courtesy of the rain that swept down on us suddenly. At the end of the day, the redcoat target bore true testimony to the improvements made by all - over 33% improvement in marksmanship. Huzzah!

Sunday found us a few shooters short. No surprise there. This Appleseed stuff is challenging! Again we pressed on with the business of marksmanship and tales of our history. On the anvil of the AQT,  a Rifleman was forged! Huzzah to Scott for shooting a 220. But, more importantly, thank you for truly embodying that 7th Step and bringing others to Appleseed, lighting a fire for the cause of liberty. Thanks too for your service to our country. O0

Thanks to all the shooters for showing up and doing a really great job of pressing on like the rain wasn't even there. Our forefathers weren't deterred by weather and neither were you. It was my honor to be out there with you this weekend. Hope to see you back next time.

Corvette

Slim, sounds like a great shoot in spite of the weather.  Pictures?  Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

HippieChick

I'm tryin'! I have to import them before I upload...and it's importing all 4,000 pics I have on my phone  :wb:

HippieChick

The forum and I are not getting along currently (I can't upload anything!). I've uploaded all available pics to the Ohio Appleseed Project Facebook Page. Check them out there! I'll keep working here, but I feel like it's futile.