News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RBC at the Home Range

Started by PHenry, June 30, 2013, 06:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

North Carolina Appleseeders,
I will be running an old-fashioned RBC at the place where it all began from Aug 25 - 30th, with a weekend event to follow. I will run it the way Junior Birdman taught me, with the addition of a mini "Psitolseed" on Friday AM, in order to spread this new concept among Appleseeders. Below is the press release I sent to every newspaper in all of NC (about 120, with average of four Email recips each). I came into the program early enough to learn from the people who started it. The methodology employed was and is still exceedingly effective and I will do my best to offer it to any who come out, exactly as it was offered to me on a miserable day in January of 2007. For thems who have never seen the "home range" or shot on its 500 yard - all distances available without moving anything full distance range - it is a real treat! I will cover some fairly obscure topics, such as mirage, target detection exercise or "TDX", and an in-depth long range class. If you ever wanted to see where the program came from - this is your opp. There is nothing like a RBC. We all work hard to maintain the traditions of the Founders. Appleseeds is old enough to now enjoy a tradition of its own. Huzzaaaah!
Thanks for all you do!

PRESS RELEASE

Project Appleseed Rifleman Boot Camp Offered in Ramseur, NC, from August 25-30

Project Appleseed is an activity of the Revolutionary War Veterans Association (RWVA) and dedicated to teaching every American our shared heritage and history as well as traditional rifle marksmanship skills in order to preserve the ideals and traditions of the men, women and children of the our country's Founding generation.

The Project Appleseed Rifleman Boot Camp is a weeklong instructor program, where Rifleman Instructors are created, whether or not the participant seeks to volunteer as an instructor at future Project Appleseed marksmanship clinic weekend events or privately in order to pass on what is learned to family and friends.

Registration begins at 8a.m. on Sunday, August 25. The Rifleman Boot Camp starts at 8:30 a.m. each day, from August 25-30, at a private gun range, located at the corner of Willie Wright Rd. & Royal Ridge Rd. in Ramseur, NC.

The Rifleman Boot Camp is then followed by a standard Project Appleseed rifle marksmanship clinic weekend event, where the Rifleman Boot Camp students can serve as instructors, plying their newly minted skills on the firing line; passing on the tradition and planting the seeds of Liberty in the next generation of Americans.

Participants are taught fundamental rifle marksmanship skills that allow a Rifleman to be accurate out to 400 yards and beyond, with iron sights, a standard rifle and surplus ammo.  Scopes are allowed to be used. Most of the instruction at a Project Appleseed event is conducted on the firing range at 25 meters, at reduced size targets to simulate 100 to 400 yards. Students will learn safe gun handling, proper use of a sling, and Revolutionary War history.

Please bring your own ear/eye protection, a rifle with sling, a pistol and ammo for both, rifle mat, bug repellent, hat, sunscreen, a packed lunch, snacks, and drinks. Please bring plenty of water to stay hydrated. No food is available at the range.

A .22LR caliber rifle is good for the 25-meter range portion due to the cost of ammunition, but please also bring a center-fire rifle for the long distance portion of the event. About 1000 rounds (minimum 200 centerfire) of rifle ammunition will be needed and approximately 200 rounds of pistol ammunition. The program is easily adjusted to a lower round count if ammo is a problem.

Marksmanship Clinic fees:  Adult males: $200; Adult females and children under age 21: $100; Active military, Guard and Reserve, Law Enforcement Officers with ID, disabled, elected officials and Revolutionary re-enactors in costume are free.

About the Revolutionary War Veterans Association (RWVA):
The RWVA is a 501c3 non-profit organization operated solely by volunteer instructors. Our volunteer instructors travel across the country teaching those who attend about the difficult choices, the heroic actions, and the sacrifices that the Founders made on behalf of modern Americans for our country's freedom and independence.

Project Appleseed is non-political - just history and marksmanship - nothing more and nothing less. To remember our country's Founders is to honor them; to honor their fine traditions is to maintain the Liberty secured in our stead at great cost.
Project Appleseed's heritage program vividly portrays the Battles of Lexington and Concord. Modern listeners are confronted with the danger, the fear, and the heartbreaking separations that arose out of the choices made on April 19, 1775. They are also reminded of the marksmanship skills and masterful organization that ultimately helped set the colonists on the path to success. Those who attend gain a better understanding of the fundamental choices faced by our ancestors.

For more info, please contact Trey at (727) 452-4650 or  email NC@appleseedinfo.org or visit:
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/boot_camps.html
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=18
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

PHenry

Addendum:

Fred has asked that I arrive a day early for a FTF with himself and any who would like to discuss the future of the program. Maybe we sneak some trigger time in on 500 yard range. Shhhhh. This means I will be there Sat, 23rd in AM. Anyone who would like to meet Fred and see what he has to say - come on out!  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

preacher

I was at the kd shoot and loved it! Can't waite untile the rbc! Week long ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^!!! See ya there!
If there must be trouble let it be in my day so my children may have peace.

PHenry

O0 Will do my best to honor your kind re remarks sir.

Ratchett

Coming in Friday night Aug 22...who do we contact to let know and to sign up for camping at range??

Thanks, so looking forward to a week of smelling gun powder!!  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Pain Killer

"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

PHenry

Wildman is the man on this one. He's got me set up with combinations and key locations. Send him a PM and he'll git u squared away. My group will stay in a hotel Friday night to get one last sissy shower and sissy bed and sissy meal and some sissy groceries to be used on range for remainder of week as real men.  ^-^

ThaiFighter and I are handling some cooking gear, so should be able to assist in that area.

jmdavis

If you had spent much time in the Siler City and Ashboro hotels, you might decide that the range was a better choice. Given the choice I would suggest the Siler City Day's Inn. It's clean, comfortable and I have been able to negotiate a good rate their in the past when for some reason I wasn't staying at the range. Since Aug of 2010 though, I've always stayed at the range.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

PHenry

That's because u have more grit sir. Many thanks for info - will check it out.

On a darker note, still only 12 pre-regs. I have blasted press releases out to 120+ publications and about 50 radio stations. Will re-blast if time allows. Any idears on getting word out locally or semi-locally appreciated. Would like to see 20 or more.

Take care,
PH

Lawrence

A small problem has developed with the Siler City Day's Inn since my dear friend jmdavis's stay.

We've received some feedback from recent occupants that a nearby night club generates some late night disturbance in the form of loud parking lot chatter, squealing tires and Latin music. Depending on where you are from, this may make you feel right at home! ;D

The best recommendations received over the past year, from both students and instructors, has been for the Fairfield Inn in Asheboro. Driving time and distance from the range is identical although the price is about 20% higher depending on the discount rate you are able to obtain.

Most frequent comments are "super clean new rooms" and "great breakfast buffet".

PHenry

Quote"super clean new rooms" and "great breakfast buffet"

Lawrence,
U do realize that, as a well-traveled, Appleseeder, I know nothing about such conditions in a motel. Holes in the wall, bugs, stale cereal, surly management, and low prices - this is what I know.  ^-^

If Fred or Believer found out that i stayed in a hotel like the one u describe, the size of the clown bat employed would block out the sun. I know u mean well, but good Lord man!  ;D

jmdavis

Lawrence,

I should tell you about the night I spent at the Siler City Motor Lodge.  ;D  Now that was a night of limited sleep and that was with an M1A locked and loaded.

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

jmdavis

While there have been a couple of RBC's that I can recall with 20 shooters, 12 is still a good number. Of course I'm not sure how many of that 12 are instructors, but everyone can benefit from an RBC.

If you are reading this and on the fence about attending this event. Sign up now. You will experience excellent instruction and camaraderie. 

Uncas

I'm tentatively in, pending the doctor's orders next week. If I get the OK, Can I register when I get there Saturday?
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest ... if we want to learn the use of arms, here is a golden opportunity."–Mahatma Gandhi

PHenry

Sir, u come when and if u can and we will accommodate u best we can. No worries.

Tempus Fugit. Carpe Diem!

Hope to meet u.
In Liberty,
PHenry

Ratchett

PHenry,

Just making sure on the FTF with Fred...Sat 24th  8AM??   BTW, I like trigger time  ;)
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

PHenry

FTF time? No idear as yet - will PM him

Fred

8 AM is fine. I suggested 6 AM to PHenry's PM, along with the suggestion we could start the meeting even earlier. (Note, NO smiley face. :) )
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

NHale

Bummer, drive from Tampa precludes Saturday AM arrival. Will depend on instructors for Shape of the Ship report.

-NH
Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

PHenry

As I old and weak, 8:AM will do nicely.  ^-^

hawkeye

For the Appleseed Pistol Clinic instruction you will need a holster, 200 rds. .22 to.44mag At least 2 mags, defensive type pistol.22 to 44 cal. Target pistols will work but are slower to reload. Steve
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

saltypaws

I am packing my ammo now! I haven't signed up cause I will not know till Friday if I can get the whole week off or just part. I hope to make us 14. Just to make sure I have the schedule right in my head.....

Saturday morning 8am Fred for "State of the Appleseed"
Saturday afternoon KD fun with PHenry.
Sunday 8am RBC sign in
Sunday 8:30 we eat dirt and sweat bore solvent.....  :---
Sunday afternoon the beatings commence until the marksmanship improves....  &)

I can't wait!   ^:)^ Packing up rim fire, center fire, Roscoe and Betsy, water, poncho, poncho liner and a good pair of Jungle Boots!   Soap?
We don't need no stinking soap!

BTW is there WIFI on the range?  **)

Salty
"We are paratroopers Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded". ~ CPT Dick Winters ~

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong."

"Make good scouts of yourselves, become good rifle shots so that if it becomes necessary that you defend your families and your country that you can do it." - Lord Baden-Powell, Scouting For Boys

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Fred on August 11, 2013, 10:43:11 AM

8 AM is fine. I suggested 6 AM to PHenry's PM, along with the suggestion we could start the meeting even earlier. (Note, NO smiley face. :) )

8 AM? 

I'll by lucky if I make it there by 8AM on Sunday! 
Or at all, for that matter... 

8AM.... #)

Anyway - I'm rollin' outta this state either Friday morning or Saturday morning - Depending upon when the loose ends are tied up.  Don't know if I'm capable of those 24 hour drives anymore - I'm getting old.

So, is there anything in particular that a guy from the frozen tundra needs to know to stay outta trouble?  I've never been east of Chicago.

Also, is there an evening itinerary?

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

MiracleWik

Would anyone mind if I arrived on Saturday evening and set up a hammock to be ready in advance for the first day?  I will be driving down from Costal Virginia alone and want to leave some extra slush time if possible.

hawkeye

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

MiracleWik

Well, chick.  And to make matters worse, I'm a leftie...

Ratchett

Rolling in form Ohio Friday afternoon/evening.

PM to Wildman and Hawkeye for range info.

Look forward to seeing everyone and meeting everyone too!!!

A whole week of burning gunpowder and heritage----YEHAW!!!

Travel mercies for all...
In His grip,
ratchett

saltypaws

Quote from: AFTERMATH on August 21, 2013, 08:13:45 PM

So, is there anything in particular that a guy from the frozen tundra needs to know to stay outta trouble?  I've never been east of Chicago.

Well, there are some things you should know. First off, if you see gum on the street, leave it there.  It isn't free candy.  Second, when you order Ice Tea it comes with sugar.  If you don't want the sugar you have to order Unsweetened Ice Tea.  When looking for a good Barbeque joint, it will look like it is falling down, on fire in the back, smell like hickory smoke and have paper towels on the tables.  And if you really want a good Barbecue sandwich get it with coleslaw on it!

Drive safe! I look forward to meeting you. I'll bring ya'll some sand from the beach.

Salty

'My country, right or wrong' is a thing no patriot would ever think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying 'My mother, drunk or sober.'
Gilbert K. Chesterton
"We are paratroopers Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded". ~ CPT Dick Winters ~

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong."

"Make good scouts of yourselves, become good rifle shots so that if it becomes necessary that you defend your families and your country that you can do it." - Lord Baden-Powell, Scouting For Boys

AFTERMATH

How big is Ramseur, and what does it offer as far as supply/resupply options?  Should I stock up before I head out, or just wing it like usual?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Pain Killer

There is a Walmart 15-20 minutes away, however ammo is impossible to come by there if that is what you are referring to. Ramseur is small but Asheboro is fairly large and that is where the Walmart is.
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison