News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The Rest of the Year!

Started by Sly223, June 26, 2013, 10:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly223

Folks we have 31 events on the books and only 20 shooters! :-[ :'( :( :wb: :sos: ~~:)
We need to be 7th stepping hard core right now!
Sighn up for at least one event and bring someone with you.That would sooth half our pain. :shootself:
Kids and boy scouts are every where and they are our posterity so don't pass up a single oppourtunity.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

stoneknives

This is a link to this months post that I put up on the "Most Excellent" Florida Gun Forum site.
http://flaguns.com/showthread.php?22100-APPLESEED-PROJECT-for-Florida-July-August-CAN-YOU-SHOOT-FROM-ANY-POSITION

I put similar messages up on other sites like the Tampa Gun Forum, Florida Gun Trader :etc. Feel free to cut and paste them and put on your favorite message boards. If you don't know how send me the site link and I'll do for you. We need to get the message out. :sos:
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Sly223

Great job this should do something!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

Sly223

So far 3 IIT's, have read and done something! ..:..
That's the good news!
The Bad news is the rest of y'all! :DH:
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

FLORIDANATIVE

It's a small world sly, I will be coming to july's event and I talked Brian into going. I am going to try to work with him before the event to get him ready to go. Chris won't be able to make it but is planning on going in August. 
In any conflict,the boundaries of behavior are defined by the party who cares least about morality.

Sly223

I am jacked up and ready to go! ^:)^
Every event I run I create a theme this is "The bigger the better! :~ :--- ..:..
When you make score you either think you have arrived or realize that there is still a lot of room for improvement!
Scoring is an accomplishment,Rifleman is a lifelong journey of constant self improvement! O0
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

Engineer shooting

Quote from: Sly223 on June 27, 2013, 11:32:07 AM
So far 3 IIT's, have read and done something! ..:..
That's the good news!
The Bad news is the rest of y'all! :DH:

I'm beating that mule as hard as I can!   :DH:
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

PHenry

A woman who attended a HSC event is a pro at press releases and places same in all manner of venues for many of our events - even thems outside of HSC. She sends to community papers and newspapers - both print and on line to great success.

Best method we have ever tried is of course - person to person. If each instructor at every event gets even one person to show up, it would double our numbers. Huzaaaah!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

alkeford

Instructors don't forget to mention our FACEBOOK PAGE WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT THE FORUM. Tell them if you like us we'll like you. I spend $5 to $10 per event on FB promote it Button. it reaches out to our friends and there friends.

FACEBOOK :DH:
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sly223

The Numbers are growing slowly but Shirley, Thanks to all who are making things happen!
I hate the fact that the rest of the country thinks we are in an off season we are only in a Summer season you see we live here year round, and life does not stop because we are too hot down here! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

nygunnutt

It might help if the "Schedule of Events" is updated. I am new to Fl. and would love to get involved but, I don't know where to go. I do have a few patches and would love to keep my trigger finger exercised.

alkeford

Hello Sir
Welcome too FL. we a plethora of events. what do you wish to do ? If you have made score and have attended 2 events I have an Orange Hat guaranteed too fit. If you would like too shoot we have an event within driving distance. feel free to contact me with any ?

Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

Engineer shooting

Quote from: nygunnutt on July 13, 2013, 10:34:02 AM
  It might help if the "Schedule of Events" is updated. I am new to Fl. and would love to get involved but, I don't know where to go. I do have a few patches and would love to keep my trigger finger exercised.

What part of Florida are you living?
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

nygunnutt

I am in the Ft. pierce/PSl area. I know of the range in Melbourne but, I have not had the opportunity to check it out yet. Sounds like a nice place. I do however travel much of the east coast for work and would be interested in finding more clubs.
  I do have a few patches and would be interested in getting more involved however, until I get my work schedule under control I will not be a reliable asset. I have always enjoyed my time with the Appleseed patriots and am looking forward to making new friends.

Engineer shooting

Quote from: nygunnutt on July 15, 2013, 08:23:48 PM
  I am in the Ft. pierce/PSl area. I know of the range in Melbourne but, I have not had the opportunity to check it out yet. Sounds like a nice place.

Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club

Address: 610 Hurley Blvd. SW; Palm Bay, FL 32906

Next event: August 03, 2013 - August 04, 2013

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=113

Would love to see you there, the PMRPC is the range by which all others in the state should be judged by, it is, without equal in Florida.

Sly223

Clermont,St.Augustine,New Symerna, Hollywood,MGAR Myakka I'll be there this weekend we have a good turn out already a theme "The bigger the better"
O0 :~ :--- ..:..It would be great to see you there, Possibly the most Appleseed friendly Range! We were 100degrees at Clermot last weekend The INFERNOSEED patch was up for grabs and two guys just missed it! Only one student has ever earned that one!The manatee Gun and Archery Range is my home away from Home!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

nygunnutt

Engineer: Thank you for the address, I will be up that way on Thursday and will try and stop by and take a look.

Sly: Sorry this weekend is out, I believe I can make the weekend of 8/3. Darn work gets in the way.

PHenry

QuoteOnly one student has ever earned that one!The manatee Gun and Archery Range is my home away from Home!
O0

malabar

Mr. Gunnutt Sir,

PMRPC is a private range.  I'm the chief instructor there. If you'd like to check it out, give me a buzz and I'll be happy to do the honors.

tk

Quote from: nygunnutt on July 16, 2013, 05:32:28 PM

Engineer: Thank you for the address, I will be up that way on Thursday and will try and stop by and take a look.

Sly: Sorry this weekend is out, I believe I can make the weekend of 8/3. Darn work gets in the way.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003