News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine WI, June 22-23

Started by Trig, June 22, 2013, 10:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trig

What a great day! 13 Americans joined at Racine's green with nothing but the land owner's permission as we Lived our heritage and made our founders proud.  Rain drizzled on us in the morning, but everyone showed up and was eager to improve themselves.    The weather cleared by afternoon and ended up heating up to about 90 degrees with some strong winds off the big lake.   Great attitudes translated into much improved shooting, and one new riflemanwoman.    Congratulations to Lara, Wisconsin's newest rifleman (see you at Eagle for a shiny new hat  @&)?)
Several more cleared the final redcoat on Sunday and are knocking on the door.   Your journey to becoming a rifleman has begun, I hope to see you on your path soon!!

:---

Triggerdrill 6.23.13 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

loopsling 6.23.13 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Posterity 6.23.13 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Groupshot 6.23.13 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Trig

I know some other great photos were taken, please feel free to post them here!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Janir

MOAR PICS!!!

Round 1 of the Couch potato
Appleseed Rifle Team 1 - Couch Potato 0!!

Kids!

Great job everyone! Thank you again for coming out this weekend! We wre honored by your presence and thank you for helping improve our country one person at a time!

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

DrRichP

Another very rewarding weekend for me! It's a pleasure to share time and interact with a great group of shooters and instructors. My thanks my team Triggernick, Janir, ABinz, Wolfie226 and my brother in this journey, Beck (Gunner).

I would also like to thank Joanna, Solomyn, Nikolaus, MaxAnna, Sam and Charlie (and their parents), as well as all the other shooters for allowing me to work with them.

And very importantly, Congratulations  ^:)^ to all our newest Riflewoman, Lara
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Gunner

What can I say ..... another great event held in Racine. 

Nice turn out of participants - great mix of men, women, boys, and girls despite the early damper rain on Saturday morning. We even had a walk-on participant. 

Once the rain cleared on Saturday the weather became great and we had a fantastic shoot that day. Temperatures were warm on Sunday so we all drank lots of water to keep hydrated so we could keep up the tradition of shooting and learning marksmanship skills.

All participants seemed engaged and were attentive during demonstrations, drills, AQTs/Red Coats, and History lessons.  It was a good thing that the instructors brought extra rifles; at last count we had loaned out 9 rifles to participants who needed 22LR to shoot or who had problems with their own equipment during the weekend.

Participants worked well together when paired up and even started to joke and tease one another which showed good camaraderie. 

On a personal note, it's always great to partner with TriggerNick, Janir, DrRichP, and Wolfie; Thanks to ABenz (New Orange Hat) for joining and getting in the mix to coach participants too.

Overall, a great weekend for taking advantage of our freedoms to congregate, to share our heritage and traditions, to gather on a piece of land at the owners approval, and to exercise our rights to bear arms and learn the tradition of marksmanship skills.

What can I say but thank you to my fellow instructor team, and more importantly to the participants who signed up to come and learn what Appleseed is all about. We produced a new Riflewoman this weekend with a few more knocking on the door!

I hope to see our "new friends" at future Appleseed events now that they have tasted a great recipe and have been bitten by the Rifleman cadence bug!

Stand Strong.....Stay True to your beliefs.

Beck "Gunner"
Gunner
Love to Shoot
Rain, Shine, or Snow......On the Line!

Wrex

I had a great time at this event! The instruction was good, the instructors were great, and I loved the history lessons. Started off testing as unqualified, and at the end of the shoot I qualified as a sharpshooter with a 184. It was my first Appleseed, but I hope to be back for more soon! Special thanks to trigger nick for letting me use his Ruger over the weekend!

BrightSparc

I regret not having attended an Appleseed event before. Great instructors and a solid learning experience. The weekend exceeded all expectations.

This was a wonderful way to spend a Saturday.  Especially true as we approach Independence Day.

Special thanks to all the instructors. It is amazing how much you can lern in a day with outstanding teachers.  Now, just need to practice getting the fundamentals down.

dragonfly

Nice pics, nice shoot, well done everyone  O0 O0  :---

D-fly Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Trig

Welcome to the forums Wrex and Brightsparc!!!

we hope to see you around!!!  If you have any photos from the weekend, we would love to have them posted here too!
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11