News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bakersfield,CA. June 22-23, 2013

Started by Cal 7.62, June 30, 2013, 06:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

Wow! What a great weekend this turned out to be.
We had 4 families and two fine young men that braved the hot weather to learn marksmanship and their heritage. American heritage.
When we arrived, my nephew Camron was already there waiting for us at the range house. Next to arrive was a young man, Jordan, getting ready to go into the service in a few months. After that, we were joined by Angie and her son Skyler as well as Joshua and his daughter Gazelle. We had the Crow family join us a little late but not too late. Mike and Rachel and sons Zach and Jordan. Mike had 7th stepped before the shoot and brought his dad Jerry as well. 
Even though Saturday started out slow, we managed to catch up by late afternoon. Throughout the day we could see the shooters groups shrinking. Unfortunately, the heat and the long day began to wear on the students and we hit the performance ceiling.We finished the day up with the 3rd Strike and Benediction. A few Luther Blanchard patches were awarded to the persistent youngsters who hung in there in spite of the heat and long day. The orange hat of destiny was bestowed upon, drum roll please, (Noah_RN). Noah shot his Rifleman score at his last (Apple)seed and was chompin at the bit to help out. And for his first time out, what a fine job he did! Thanks Noah!
I almost had to scrub the mission because my vehicles were all broken down at once. Mark (tony stark) graciously offered to transport the shoot boss and his equipment to the range and a place to crash for the night. That worked out well. Thanks Mark! (Inspector Randy) also came out to help and did a great job as well. Thanks Randy!
Will add more story and pics tomorrow eve-
Feel free to add comments folks till I get back
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cal 7.62

Sorry I didn't get to post last nite.
Here's a few pics to tide you over till I can finish.

002- AM Redcoats
007- Mike's side of the line
009- Jordan
010- Josh
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington