News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New York Has a new Red Hat Instructor

Started by VietVet, June 17, 2013, 04:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

Congrats to Grumpy1 who is NY's newest RH Instructor.

Jon did a great job running the Hopewell Junction, NY Shoot this weekend and earned that RH.

Well done Jon.  O0
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Dude

Couldn't agree more! Well done, Jon! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. O0 O0 O0
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

Josey Wales

..Grumpy1.....Hard work will set you free, now you are free to work shoots as a Red Hat, Ha.......Congratulations..

.........Seen you come a long way since Kinderhook 2012 and glad you did..........
.........Strength & Honor.......................................................Josey Wales...........
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

George Hacker

Huzzah!  Well done, Grumpy1! O0

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Another D.O.M.

Congratulations Jon!  You climbed that ladder fast, and you've worked hard for this.  Looking forward to working with you again soon.

Now if I can just dig up some pictures of the glove...
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

The Mrs.

Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

LittleMo

Congrats, Jon! You've done well with your dedication to the program! O0

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

Smurf

Congratulations to Red Hat Instructor Grumpy1!!!! We have all watched you work very, very hard so that others could attain their goals as Appleseed students. Folks, you will not meet a more cheerful or enthusiastic instructor working on an Appleseed line. You do a good job.

R1SGx2

"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

sgtrock

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=36177.0;attach=104998

You don't look grumpy in that picture,,, must be a typo for your handle/screen name,,, anyways,, congratulations,,,,

Kelso

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

Grumpy1

Thank You Everyone for The Positive Feedback! ,It definitely means alot to me! :)

Last August I Particitated in my First Appleseed in Kinderhook, I listened to the mission and I saw these Instructors work, and  tell the History with so much feeling, and dedication, I was hooked!

I remember last October, in Rotterdam The Mrs , asked me "Ready to step up?", we could use the help, She knew what my answer was! Absolutly Yes!

I remember Mark R1SGX2 Dropping that Bright Orange Hat in The Dirt, and Saying  " You need to Get Dirty If Your Gonna Wear This  &)...  That really stuck with me, and always will !

I remember Smurf Telling me" One of the best things about being an instructor, is the Great People you Meet!" ,  Well I didn't know at the time , but he Really undersold that. I have met many Awesome People, and made many new Friends.

Last weekend I was promoted to Instructor , by the Shoot Boss Viet Vet and Instructor Josey Wales, both who were at my First Appleseed, that Was Great!

To Everyone who has helped me along The Road, Past, Present, and Future.

THANK YOU! :bow:

Jon

See You at Whishys

Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

historybuff

Was there in Rotterdam when you got your Orange hat.
Great Job on the Red hat!!!!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice."     -Charles de Montesquieu

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy... So this is how liberty dies, with a thunderous applause."    -Star Wars