News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Comments on Hartford Gun Club

Started by dwarven1, August 25, 2008, 01:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarven1

I was chatting with Tom DeVito, the General Manager at the club, and he was very favorably impressed with our behavior at the shoot this weekend - safety, cleaning up the range, even with how neatly we stacked the target stands in the storage shed!! He was also very happy to see the kind of shooting that we were teaching - rifle marksmanship.

I will be sending Tom some documentation this week. I also broached with him the possibility of coming back next year for a couple of shoots, and his response was that we should select the weekends and we can get on their permanent schedule.

Another thing - I looked briefly at their rifle range (which I think is 200 yard) and I think that it's wider than the pistol range we were using. If we can get some bigger shoots going, we might be able to move the whole line over there.

Overall, I think that the Hartford Gun Club will become an important range for Project Appleseed in CT.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

scopeboy001

hey guys i wasn't able to make it to this years shoot due to transportation issues.

how did it go?
how many riflemen did CT produce this year?
In this life I have no regrets, only memories.
  Because if you live each day like your last, you will alwase know how to begin.   - Oran

Buzzworth

here is a link to the After Action Report ;)

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=3635.0

The Hartford Gun Club is very nice 8)

looks like 4-19-2009 may happen :)
No Guns, No safety, No freedom
KNOW Guns, KNOW Safety, KNOW FREEDOM