News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

We've been evacuated - Black Forest fire

Started by Prone to Knit, June 13, 2013, 01:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prone to Knit

Mandatory evacuation for us. We taken some stuff and stored it elsewhere. 95 percent is still at the housse including our business - mills, lathes, etc.  We're taking the trailer to Ben Lomond Gun Range. Got most of the Appleseed stuff so w can do pellet line at Constitu tional Champions camp next week, the Leadville shoot then the expo in Iowa. P lease pray for the winds to quiet down and the rain to fall.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

Fred

Quote from: Prone to Knit on June 13, 2013, 01:27:38 AM
...Got most of the Appleseed stuff so we can do pellet line at Constitutional Champions camp next week, the Leadville shoot then the expo in Iowa. Please pray for the winds to quiet down and the rain to fall.

"Plus 1" and great credit to you two for having the calm foresight to grab what's important!

Once we "appleseed" things, gov will not force people out "for their own protection", but mobilize them to fight the fire, even if on a voluntary basis.

Meantime, fingers crossed and prayers sent...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

George Hacker

Thanks for sharing, Prone to Knit.  Your family is in my prayers.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Steck

Ratchett

Prayers for all! May God bless and keep you safe...
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Charles McKinley

Your family and all the others affected are in our prayers.  May your home and business be spared.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Reddot

Prone to Knit

Fred,we have been trying tk call you. Setting up another Magpul shoot among other things.  Staying Appleseed busy in our forced evacuation. Please call when you get a chance.

Thanks all for your prayers. No containment, amost 400 homes gone. Another day of high winds. Area burned almost doubled from yesterday am. 15000 acres.

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

AFTERMATH

It's too bad the Appleseed fire-hose deal is just a metaphor!

Prayers for your personal safety as well as for your livelihood. 

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

BlueFeather

You both are in our prayers. Please stay safe. You have been so tireless in your enthusiasm and support ... we all owe you so much.

Part of our message is that we define our priorities and loyalties... And first is family and friends.

Please ask for help if you need it. You have created a Rocky Mtn contingent that you can and should call upon.

/Gillian
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

Dude

I've got a daughter out there, too. This is deja vu all over again.

Prayers are constant for all the folks there. And, kudos for SOM.
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

oladcock

Prayers sent. I understand you bumped into Gary, one of our seeders, give him a hard time for me. He's also running for Sheriff...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Cal 7.62

Living in the mountains of southen California, I know all too well about brush/forest fires.
I'm praying for you as well.   @)
Speaking of bugging out...........
Thanks for the link up with the preparedness folks, Daron & Brian.  :bow:
The P2E emergency preparedness expo was a success, even without your pellet guns.  O0
Check out the photos on their FB page.  https://www.facebook.com/#!/Prepare2Endure?fref=ts
(But we WILL do them next time!)  :--- :~ :--- :~
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Prone to Knit

Oladcock, we are camping at the range with Gary. Small world.

Cal762, awesome news. A job well done. The prepper community has been good to Appleseed.

Our house is okay. Looks like the closest the fire got was about 3 miles. We are still in mandatory evac. Hoping that gets lifted.

This time out is really hurting us businesswise. We had some major deadlines before we leave for the Iowa expo. Will try to get a shoot boss to take Leadville for us next weekend. That will give us back 3 days out of the 6 or so we are losing and we will work nearly around the clock.

Thank you so much all for your prayers. Please continue. Almost 500 houses lost in this little tight-knit community. It is devastated.

Kim

TaosGlock

As BF said, you are in our prayers. Do not hesitate to call us for anything.
Dan
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Prone to Knit

Dan, want to do a small shoot in Leadville this weekend? Opportunity tio get two brand new orange hats off to a great start!

Kim

TaosGlock

Ugg...I am in Raton doing the Adventure Camp for the NRA WC. Commitment ends in July.
So sorry...
Leadville is a great range with great folks and would love to meet the IIT's!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Prone to Knit