News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Visintg Boston June 24 week - Want to do Battle Road etc..

Started by Janir, June 13, 2013, 11:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janir

I just got an opportunity to visit Boston the week of June 24th for a training class and am planning to stay Friday to visit Minute Man National Historical Park and such. As my Google Fu is not up to par it seems, can anyone here suggest a good way to visit all of Battle road and the historical sites for April 19th event? I will have 1 day to myself for it probably that Friday June 28th. I plan on taking pics etc and using what I can for strikes benedictions and just 'cause its gonna be fun.

-Patrick "Janir"
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

number6

In Lexington, take the "Liberty Ride" a tour of all the highlights, without the parking hassles.

http://www.libertyride.us/libertyride.html

You don't get much time at each spot, but it allows you to then figure out what you want to do.
Being that the first tour doesn't start until 10, this is also true at Buckman's Tavern and the Hancock-Clarke house, you could go to Concord first and walk to the North Bridge first and then get to Lexington in time for the Tour.

Superheat and I went this Patriots Day, and haven't had the time to sit down and to an overview of the trip with our recommendations.

My personal opinion on must do's for a Non-Patriots day visit:

Stand on Lexington Green at Sunrise.
Tour the three tours in Lexington - Buckmans, Hancock-Clarke, and Munroe Tavern
Take the Liberty Ride and listen to the Strikes told by someone who does it daily, Masha, if she is working
Stand above and then walk across the North Bridge.
Stop at Meriam's Corner

Nice to do's:
North Bridge and Minuteman Park Visitors Centers (Parkers Revenge site is right behind the MM Visitor Center).
Arlington (Menotomy)- Just to see the difference in reverence/rememberance between Lexington and Arlington
Lexington's Old Burying Ground
Paul Revere Capture Site
Issac Davis House

number6 - who really needs to get the rest of their photos posted here...

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=35082.0
You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

Nero

When we visited last year, we discovered that you can have the North Bridge to yourself if you get there before 9:30 or so - ahead of all those tour buses.  Be sure to go up to the North Bridge visitor center - they have one of those cannons that Gage was supposed to capture.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass