News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Atlanta Indiana, June 8-9 2013

Started by yellowhousejake, June 11, 2013, 07:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

The weather stayed clear! Enough clouds to make it comfortable, enough sun to make it summer.

We had a fantastic group of students of all ages and all skill levels. Returning 'seeders, new folk, families, and rifles and history. Just about a perfect weekend, we should have had BBQ.

We got a nice smooth start Saturday with a safety briefing, red coat, and on to the five squares and learning the fundamentals. Maynard gave us some outstanding primary instruction and the shooting was improving all day. A bit of history, some more shooting, more history, and we squeezed in a few AQTs by the end of the day. Sunday was hot and noisy, really noisy. But AQTs a chance at a little friendly challenge made it all worthwhile. We saw some excellent scores, consistent improvement, and attentive attitudes.

Thank you Niki and Delany for bringing your uncle and granpa, your family is always fun to have on the line. Pat and Mike showed just enough brotherly competition to keep us the pace, and enough good student to be honestly interested in improving. The kind of students we look forward to having. Cindy showed everyone 55 seconds is doable and kept smiling throughout the weekend. I think everyone will see her again.

Thank you all for a great weekend, there wasn't anyplace else I would have rather been.

Yellowhousejake

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Geese

Great time. Great instructors. It was my first rifle marksmanship training of any kind and I learned a lot. Now, with the appleseed techniques and a lot of practice, I'm sure I can develop the consistency that I lacked this weekend. Loved the history,too!. It added a special element to the weekend. YellowhouseJake was a superb storyteller. Thanks also to my fellow lefty, Cindy, for the loan of the shooting mat and the shooting tips. The high-power fam was a nice bonus. Of course, it's always nice to hang out with my brother for the weekend!  Mike

Lonestar6

What a great weekend! Thanks to everyone for the training, the stories and the camaraderie.  It was great to finally make an Atlanta Appleseed. The legendary Yellow House Jake and his able red and orange hats brought us all to new levels of proficiency. The history lessons were enjoyable; shooting the KelTec and Garand memorable. I believe I will be back in August with my spouse. Until then-Cindy
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

Royal-1

:pics:

OK, so it took me awhile to get these uploaded, first I had to get them from my dad, which lives in FL and was up here for a visit and went to his first Appleseed Event.  I used his camera, so he had to send me the pictures back.  So I'm also sorry that most of these are his picks, what he sent me back. 

Had a great time on Sunday wearing the Orange IIT hat again, small group of shooters, but I think everyone had a great time and learned more than we started with.  I was so proud, yes I'll brag a little, of me getting my dad, brother, and my daughters out to the firing line.  Yes, three generations sharing and learning what made this country great, and how we can restore some of that greatness.

PeteLargo

I had a great time!  Learned a lot & will definitely be doing another Appleseed. 

The range officers were great & no problem was too small for them to help you.  I am practicing the fundamentals that YHJ & the other ROs taught me.  I will succeed & gain my rifleman's patch. 

The high power session was great!  Now I need to get my own M1.

I look forward to another 'seed.