News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Be part of an "Appleseed Community"!

Started by Fred, June 10, 2013, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

You can do it.

But it's up to you to "get the Appleseed word" out in your neighborhood.

Once your neighborhood votes itself "an Appleseed community", as proved by all the riflemen living in it, you can apply for one of the new "Certified Appleseed Community" signs which will soon be available.

Pick the one of your choice:

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

scuzzy

Should you put a website address at the bottom in case somebody sees the sign and gets curious?

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

lprgcfrank

I like #1 - but I'd like to see 10 stars (that provides a star for each target on a QDAQT target.
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Fred

Man, so far it looks like #1 has got it.

If you look at the three choices, and like either the second or the third, better hurry up and vote! :)

BTW, would there be an interest in a sign saying "This is a Designated Appleseed Home"?

Of something similar? (If a bright idea pops into your head, be sure to post it here.)

Pain Killer

I think the first one looks the best, but to me it looks like a political advertisement. (my Romney yard sign looked much like this). I voted for the 2nd because it looks like an official road sign and I was thinking that people would read it and believe it was more official.

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Fred

Hmmm, we're also soliciting ideas for yard signs indicating "this is an Appleseed household"...

Or maybe, "Appleseed spoken here"...

Or "Ask me about Appleseed"...

Would there be interest in such a sign?

It could even be something as simple as a logo, without words.

Pain Killer

The first sign above would be an excellent design for a yard sign in my opinion. I would put it up. It would cause my neighbors to ask more questions about Appleseed, which would be a good thing.

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Melissa

If anyone would like a hand with making designs for AS Community (or other related) signs, I'm more than happy to help out. :)

Melissa

Fred

Quote from: Melissa on August 29, 2013, 09:57:55 PM
If anyone would like a hand with making designs for AS Community (or other related) signs, I'm more than happy to help out. :)

Melissa

Jeez, miss, don't talk about it - just post 'em - we can always use designs! O0