News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cheap props for telling The Story...

Started by Fred, June 02, 2013, 03:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Sometimes, when you're telling the strikes, or DOM, it's nice to have a replica musket and bayonet handy.

It's not so nice to have to pay 600 bucks for one.

I made a deal with an internet guy for six full-sized replicas of a French 1763 with bayo - for $150. I'm not making any money on this, just doing it to help out any story-tellers with some props.

You could us it as-is - just like you could use a 10/22 as is - but you could also do a couple of quick things to make it into a better replica - but you don't have to - it's a good enough replica for the average ASer to see what they had to deal with, back then.

I'll have them at the Ramseur range the next couple of months, or whenever they're sold out.

I also got some replica powder horns for - get this! - $16 each!

These are "good enough" props which can be "improved", or left as-is.

Send a PM if you're interested.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

slim

Sounds like a great excuse to get back down to Ramseur. You local folks better jump on this quickly!

ThaiFighter

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

Unbridled Liberty

Are these firing or non-firing replicas?

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Fred

Non-firing. Should be safe and legal in all states, all territories, all municipalities. ::) O0

I am working on a plan to make these available any where in the program where at least six of them can be ordered at once - and the shipping will be free!

Which is why this is posted on the NC board - so as to avoid all the cost and trouble of reshipping them. (I'll be taking at least one to Maryland for an upcoming AIBC, as well.)

So, if you think you may have interest enough to justify ordering at least six, you might want to start to canvass interest, now, to verify whether a "six order" will be possible.

The easiest way is if someone is willing to step up and simply pay for the order, and collect when the shipment arrives, and the replicas are disbursed. But that will take $900 and a willingness to trust that your fellow vols will take them off your hands. I think they will...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

Charles McKinley

How about a picture?  I'm pretty sure there is enough interest to get an order to Western PA.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Fred