News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hotel Recommendations for a Border Raider

Started by Barbie, May 28, 2013, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbie

Howdy ya'll!

I'm going to be border raiding your August 3-4 event in Lewistown, PA.  I'll be camping, but will be coming in the Friday before the event (and need to book a hotel for that day).  Any recommendations on hotels within a 20-30 minute or so drive of the range?

Thanks!

Barbie
:---
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Chainsaw

Quote from: Barbie on May 28, 2013, 12:42:38 PM
Howdy ya'll!

I'm going to be border raiding your August 3-4 event in Lewistown, PA.  I'll be camping, but will be coming in the Friday before the event (and need to book a hotel for that day).  Any recommendations on hotels within a 20-30 minute or so drive of the range?

Thanks!

Barbie
:---

Depending on your standards...

These two are OK, but pricier because they cater to State College.  This also means that if there is anything going on at Penn State they will sell out EARLY.  At times they also won't let you book single days on weekends... All weekend or nothing.

2.5 miles Quality Inn & Suites, 13015 Ferguson Valley Rd, Burnham, PA (717)248-4961
2.5 miles Super 8, 12886 Ferguson Valley Rd, Burnham, PA (717)248-8888

The significantly lower quality, I wouldn't let my mom stay there, but I and other instructors have on occasion...

5 miles  Crown Motel‎, 1015 S Main St, Lewistown, PA 17044, (717) 248-3315

I WILL be camping Friday night if you're concerned about being there alone.

-Tom
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

DEH

Just a suggestion as i spend thirty days a year in a motel.  Stop by a rest area pick up a hotel coupnbook.  They have great deals and you can save lots of money.
-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Charles McKinley

If you are coming in on I-80 there is great BBQ at Exit 123. Gio's
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Barbie

Quote from: Stand on May 29, 2013, 07:28:20 PM
If you are coming in on I-80 there is great BBQ at Exit 123. Gio's

You had me at BBQ  ;D  I'll check my route, may have to check that out!
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.