News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Improvised Shooting Bench

Started by Ninsho, May 25, 2013, 08:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninsho

At our next shoot June 8-9 here in NH I have two individuals signed up with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, and as such are both in power wheelchairs.  I would like to be able to provide some sort of shooting bench or rest if they need it.  Is a plastic folding table sufficient and safe enough for this purpose?  If not are there any recommendations for improvising a better solution?

Pitmaster

There is some discussion and links in this thread.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=32877.0

I also briefly looked at the Adaptive Appleseed forum threads. A quick scan through them should help. The most common recommendations is contact the shooters in advance and ask them what they need/want.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member