News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Self Reliance Expo at Des Moines, Iowa coming up!

Started by Prone to Knit, May 23, 2013, 06:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prone to Knit

The Midwest Self Reliance Festival is coming up so time to get the details worked out.

https://www.facebook.com/MidwestSelfRelianceFestival?fref=ts

http://www.valairballroom.com/item_event/midwest-self-reliance-festival-2/

This event will be held June 28-30, 2013 at the Val Air Ballroom in West Des Moines, Iowa located at 301 Ashworth Road.

Appleseed will be there with it's pellet line. We will be setting that up on Thursday, June 27th. We're not sure what time that will be yet.

The event runs:
Friday 12-7
Saturday 10-7
Sunday 11-5

On Friday and Saturday, the expo will give out 150 free concealed carry class certificates in the morning and will lead those people through our area first. We'll be outside with the archery range, tractors, baby animals, some demos - all the things designed to pull people to linger in our area.

On Sunday, they will have a gun and ammo auction running near us.

There will be drawings for participants at our booth for great prizes (rumored to be a couple rifles and some ammo donated by the expo)! Another activity to drive people to us.

Jack Spirko, Jackie Clay, Marjorie Wildcraft and Dr. Jones/Nurse Amy will be guest speakers.

This event is being promoted:

In the Des Moines Register paper
12 local prepper groups
Jan Mickelson's radio show
Alex Jones is promoting

This will be smaller than the typical Self Reliance Expo with 30 booths; the reach of the promotion is to Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Mississippi and Nebraska.

Twin Eagles has stepped up to gather instructors to man the booth. Thank you so much, Mike! If you want to help, please contact him.

What do we need from the local people:

Staff!  We figure if six people a day will join us we'll be able to handle the pellet line well and talk to as many people as we can. People will talk to you just about as long as you want to keep talking - very different from the gun-show reaction. Please contact Twin Eagles if you can help. If a few could join us Thursday afternoon to set up, that would be great. We have to put up the pellet range which includes walls.

Water for the instructors

Good candy for the candy jar

Flyers to promote the events for the areas this expo should pull from

We'll bring everything else from Colorado:  pellet line, booth supplies, tri-folds.

Looking forward to working with you all!

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

Drfury

Kim, are you and your husband still going to try and make it out to this event? I heard on the Rifleman Radio Show that your house had to be evacuated from the wildfire in Colorado. I hope all is well for you and your husband and that your home is still safe and intact.
Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.

Prone to Knit

Drfury, yes, we're still heading back there to do the expo. Our house is fine but we lost almost 6 days of work time. We working at a furious pace trying to make that up and meet deadlines before we get on the road.

The event information above hasn't changed.  I just asked the expo what time set-up will be on Thursday, June 27th. I don't see that posted anywhere.  When I have that, I'll post the set-up time here.  We'll also be in communication with Twin Eagles.
lives in Iowa.

There will be a raffle for a 1022 and a brick of ammo. To qualify for an entry, 3 out of the 5 redcoat targets need to be hit within 5 shots on our pellet range. I think the pellet line again will be a hit and draw people to our booth.

We'll see you in a few days!

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

Twineagles

We still could use some folks to work the event I am sure there will be lots of kids there (of all Ages) wanting to shoot.

Mike
515-468-8031
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne