News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Photo Journalist from Belgium coming to 1st Dillon AS

Started by para45acp, May 23, 2013, 10:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

para45acp

I have been in contact with An-Sophie, a photographer from Amsterdam who is returning for her second tour of rural America. She is focusing on shooting heritage in the US and is particularly interested in photographing children learning the shooting sports. I am also in the process of putting together a private shoot during the day (when we are closed to the public) Monday June 3rd, the day after our AS event. There is a good possibility she will be camping out with us at the range Saturday night...for any of you instructors planning to stay the weekend.

She contacted me through BFA after one of our leaders worked with some journalists last year from her area, and they suggested she start with us for this project.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up. This will get some international recognition of the AS project if we can make a good showing! If any of you have additional questions, feel free to ask!
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Edheler

I do hope we will have a full line if we're having international press for the event!

If you know people who are not going to attend only because they don't have ammo that problem can be solved.

Charles McKinley

:(  Know a good divorce lawyer?  That is my Anniversary.  Colleen would like nothing better than to have her picture taken while shooting by an international photographer. (Well maybe an entire photo shoot for AS staring her and done up by her Pal MrHappy)

I will be in SR for the weekend but May be able to beg special permission to be there from LOML.

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

jmdavis

I imagine that you are already aware of this, but it is important to keep a close eye on photogs at shoots. It helps to set boundries before the event begins so that you don't find yourself yelling "Cease Fire" because someone wants a better picture. It is also advisable to get a signed liability release from the photographer.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Ratchett

Quote from: jmdavis on May 24, 2013, 02:40:59 PM
I imagine that you are already aware of this, but it is important to keep a close eye on photogs at shoots. It helps to set boundries before the event begins so that you don't find yourself yelling "Cease Fire" because someone wants a better picture. It is also advisable to get a signed liability release from the photographer.

All spectators, shooters etc must sign the liability, model, and photog release if they are present at an Appleseed event---this should not be a problem.

The photog will be required to listen and adhere to safety briefing etc. I do not believe it to be their first appearance at a shooting sports. I have very firm confidence that our shoot bosses and instructors will have a good handle on the situation.
Thank you for the reminder  O0
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley