News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Our newest ADAPTIVE APPLESEED™ team member.

Started by desertrat144, May 18, 2013, 02:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desertrat144

Hello all,

I am pleased to announce that ADAPTIVE APPLESEED™ has a new team member- DrRichP!  He just came on board, and like North Country Lady, brings another needed skill set and  knowledge to the team.

Welcome aboard Dr Rich!

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Steck

Quote from: desertrat144 on May 18, 2013, 02:27:05 PM
Hello all,

I am pleased to announce that ADAPTIVE APPLESEED™ has a new team member- DrRichP!  He just came on board, and like North Country Lady, brings another needed skill set and  knowledge to the team.

Welcome aboard Dr Rich!

Tom

Huzzah! 

DrRichP is a great addition to the team.

The Old Guide

Welcome DrRichP. Tell us a little about yourself.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

Engineer shooting

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

DrRichP

Thank you Tom. It is my pleasure to be on the team and to be able to contribute.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Sly223

Dr.Rich
Congrats Sir,
You have become a real Trailblazer!
I am pleased to have had the honor of having you on my line. I will be able to say I knew him back when.
BTW what is the adaptive all about?
I work at the VA with the old" disabled war vets.
I have three in wheelchairs that are itching to come to a regular event!
Is there anything special additional or otherwise I should find out about
Is there info on this thread or forum I can read and get up to speed better?
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

desertrat144

Quote from: Sly223 on May 18, 2013, 10:42:06 PM
...BTW what is the adaptive all about?
I work at the VA with the old" disabled war vets.
I have three in wheelchairs that are itching to come to a regular event!
Is there anything special additional or otherwise I should find out about
Is there info on this thread or forum I can read and get up to speed better?

Sly,
Visit Adaptive AppleseedTM Admissions Manual for the basic info.  Adaptive shooters are encouraged to get into the various positions, if they can safely do so.  The Prosthetics Dept (VAPD) has an obligation to supply adaptive sporting equipment except firearms, if the sports regimen is part of their current treatment plan. Some VAPDs will go the extra mile in acquiring adaptive equipment getting absolute cutting edge goods, and others, well...

If you run into problems PM me, and I'll try to help.  Our VAPD Chief is a shooter, as is most of our PT Dept, and Admin. so we are lucky in that respect.  One gate opening technique I've found effective is to invite the [necessary] person(s) to an AppleseedTM either as a shooter, or for just the history presented.  Contact the SB first to see if there's room on the line, ask abut Guests explaining the whys & wherefores.

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Sly223

Thanks for the feed back I will research the material and get back to you with any more inquirys
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!