News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KrisAnne Hall

Started by smoakingun, May 17, 2013, 11:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoakingun

May 23 2013 KrisAnne Hall will be lecturing in Keystone Heights, Fl.
For those who don't know her, she is a former prosecutor who lost her job for teaching the constitution to tea party groups.
KrisAnne Hall does not just teach the Constitution, she lays the foundations that show how reliable and relevant our founding documents are today.
She doesn't jut teach the constitution, she teaches how it came about.
I know this is not really an appleseed topic, but this opportunity is too good to pass up
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Engineer shooting

Smoak how about a review?

Thanks
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

9mm4545

We were there and KrisAnne did her usual superb job of educating. This was for an audience mainly of middle school kids and she did put things in terms they could relate to. The talk was on the genealogy of our Constitution. The Founders were students of history and the documents and traditions of English liberty were fundamental in the framing of the Constitution. The framers had 700 years of history to draw upon when they devised the Constitution so they did not just make it up out of thin air. She discussed these documents and precedents beginning with Charter of Liberties of 1100, the Magna Carta, and so forth. The parallels of the abuses of the English kings and the trampling of our liberties today are hard to ignore. But if you do not know how the Constitution came about and why, it is hard to understand why it is so important to protect and defend it. KrisAnne is the real deal and it is worth going out of your way to hear her speak.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Engineer shooting

Quote from: 9mm4545 on June 11, 2013, 03:06:16 PM
We were there and KrisAnne did her usual superb job of educating. This was for an audience mainly of middle school kids and she did put things in terms they could relate to. The talk was on the genealogy of our Constitution. The Founders were students of history and the documents and traditions of English liberty were fundamental in the framing of the Constitution. The framers had 700 years of history to draw upon when they devised the Constitution so they did not just make it up out of thin air. She discussed these documents and precedents beginning with Charter of Liberties of 1100, the Magna Carta, and so forth. The parallels of the abuses of the English kings and the trampling of our liberties today are hard to ignore. But if you do not know how the Constitution came about and why, it is hard to understand why it is so important to protect and defend it. KrisAnne is the real deal and it is worth going out of your way to hear her speak.

Thanks I'll try and find an event in my area.  O0
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Engineer shooting

Quote from: Engineer shooting on June 12, 2013, 08:54:58 AM
Quote from: 9mm4545 on June 11, 2013, 03:06:16 PM

Thanks I'll try and find an event in my area.  O0

Even better got her DVD O0