News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Free IBC in Farragut, IA June 15/16

Started by Alex, May 10, 2013, 03:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

We will be hosting a FREE Instructor Boot Camp in Farragut, IA on June 15-16. For those who do not know an IBC is a weekend long instructor training course. It allows more experienced instructors to teach Instructors In Training and Full Instructors how to properly and effectively teach.  Don and Karen have graciously let us use their building in town for this event. There is plenty of room to bed down on a cot or air mattress, a bathroom, and kitchen there. No shower though. Hotels are not far away in Shenandoah if you prefer. Bring your center fire rifles in case we get to head to the range and shoot a little. Farragut is about two and half hours from Des Moines and should be the closest IBC in years, so do not miss out on it. If people are looking for rides down there post here and we will get it worked out. I look forward to seeing you all there!

Alex

Information/Registration Link:http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=443
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

Miller

Lemme check the calender at work...

Starting at what time on Saturday? 

Dinner Saturday... Potluck?  Does Freedom Corner have any sort of kitchen?
Fearful but resolute.

Alex

I figured I could whip something up, Probably grill or something. It all depends on who is going to be around, because we may go get something in Shenandoah if there are not many of us. There is a small kitchen. If you talk to Don or Karen they might be able to tell you more about. The start time is just like a normal Appleseed. I will be down there on Friday night.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

Miller

Okay, I'm cleared for Saturday and Sunday.
Probably have to close on Friday though so I'll just roll out of the rack at ohmygod:30 on Saturday.
If I start snoring or something Saturday afternoon just poke me with a stick or something.

As folks get signed up and we get a better idea of numbers I'll see what I can get that'll travel well enough.

Fearful but resolute.

mac3647

Quote from: Alex on May 10, 2013, 03:52:29 PM
We will be hosting a FREE Instructor Boot Camp in Farragut, IA on June 15-16. For those who do not know an IBC is a weekend long instructor training course. It allows more experienced instructors to teach Instructors In Training and Full Instructors how to properly and effectively teach.  Don and Karen have graciously let us use their building in town for this event. There is plenty of room to bed down on a cot or air mattress, a bathroom, and kitchen there. No shower though. Hotels are not far away in Shenandoah if you prefer. Bring your center fire rifles in case we get to head to the range and shoot a little. Farragut is about two and half hours from Des Moines and should be the closest IBC in years, so do not miss out on it. If people are looking for rides down there post here and we will get it worked out. I look forward to seeing you all there!

Alex

Information/Registration Link:http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=443

@ Alex
I forgot to mention there is plenty of camping out at Catalpa Creek (DAR) just 3 miles from Farragut.  Primitive (there are portable restrooms) area,  R/V's welcome, tents encouraged.  Don
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

RODGE

Count me in for the weekend.  Rodge
What we allow is what will continue!

What have you done for LIBERTY today?

mac3647

There is a cafe in Farragut, just across the street and Janet would like the business.  And we do have the kitchen at the building, two stoves, microwave, fridge, coffee pots etc........
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

Miller

Well lets see...
Small, local business...
Friend of Appleseed*...
I vote we give Janet all the business she can handle.
I'll just pack along some drinks and popcorn.

I'm not a coffee person so any of ya'll that are are on your own. ;)

*Cuz we all know Don has 7th stepped Janet already.  And if he's suggest we go there and he's still welcome there she must be with us in spirit if not on the line....yet...
Fearful but resolute.

mac3647

well......re: Janet.   she has her mind pretty set in left field.   just offering a option.   She does let me hang up a flyer now and then.

RODGE

Some just take a little longer, huh Don.  I believe one of the AS terms is 'persistence'!  Anyway, Janet is a great cook.  Pretty darn close to home cookin'.  Is she open on Sunday, Don?   Rodge

Miller

If she lets you put up posters I'd say there was hope.

Maybe a dozen or so dedicated 'seeders from all walks of life will help convince her.
Fearful but resolute.

colycat

I am signed up for this event at last. Are there any up dates?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Miller

So who all is in?
And who is coming in Friday night?
Still not sure if I'm driving over Friday or eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarly Saturday.
Fearful but resolute.

Twineagles

I will be bringing Festus (Bryce). What do we need to bring food wise?
Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Miller

Coly, are you bunking at the hall in Farragut or camping out at Don and Karen's?
Fearful but resolute.

colycat

"Hotels are not far away in Shenandoah if you prefer." I was thinking this option.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Alex

I will be down on Friday afternoon to help clean up and get ready. Bring your own lunches and we will get something figured out for dinner. There are a few good places to eat around there.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Thomas Paine

RODGE

Alex, what's your take on any KD time out at Catalpa Creek sometime during the weekend.  If so, I'll go out on Friday and help mow.  Anybody have any KD size targets?  There are 100, 200 and 300 yard berms.  Firing line could accommodate multiple shooters.  Rodge

Miller

I've got a vet appointment in the morning so I probably won't make it to Farragut until around 5:00ish.
Fearful but resolute.

Miller

Ummmm....

Is there a TV at Freedom Corner?
And how is the reception for the NBC affiliate?

I know TV is kind of against the grain for Appleseed but it's the playoffs and game 2 from Chicago is Saturday night.

Fearful but resolute.

colycat

The coliseum will be full and all the fans get free bread. What's not to like about Rome?

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Miller

Fearful but resolute.

mac3647

colycat

Indeed it was O0  Thanks to Mac and Karen for their hospitality and providing the building and range.

Farragut IA, almost on the Nebraska boarder.  Here can be found, " The Real America".

Twineagles

The IBC almost doubled the population ........
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Pitspitr

Hey Guys
Thanks for the hospitality!

Today when my wife got the mail a copy of The Day The American Revolution Began by Hallahan was waiting for me! ^:)^