News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

can anyone hook me up w/ a few ruger 10-22 mags or know where I can get them

Started by grunt soldier, May 03, 2013, 09:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grunt soldier

Ok well I was in my bag last night looking and I seem to be missing around 4-5 10 round mags.  apparently loaning them out at shoots is hazardous lol.  I have a few left but at the last shoot most of them seemed to be not working correctly at all.  I have since taken them apart, cleaned them all out and everything but a few still aren't working right. 

I don't want to pay the stupid ebay prices but am also expecting for complete pre panic prices.  If you  know where I can find 2-4 extras I would greatly appreciate it.   

If this is the wrong place for this it can be moved I just figured I would check with you guys for any local hook up first.   thanks in advance!
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

grunt soldier

Ok I'll check them out.  thanks

Edited to add they are out of stock also :(
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Mudcat

I usually buy them local or from Midway when they are on sale. CDNN has them now for $19 and free shipping but that is higher than local prices.
I am going to clean my mags today and try to find a way to keep them more noticeable.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

MrFixit

Cheaper than Dirt of course!  ;D http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/6-1020134
Edit: Just realized those are 5 round...  :wb:  They do have the 25rd banana clips, but don't see any 10 rounders....

TASG

Hello, we have a few here at the army surplus store in bedford. For Project applseed use only please.
Thanks, Troy

grunt soldier

Quote from: Mudcat on May 04, 2013, 08:57:22 AM
I usually buy them local or from Midway when they are on sale. CDNN has them now for $19 and free shipping but that is higher than local prices.
I am going to clean my mags today and try to find a way to keep them more noticeable.

Do your local stores have any Mudcat?  If so any chance I can talk you into buying a few and I'll grab them from you at the Nashville shoot?

2 clicks low

A tip for lending out mags, slings, mats....

Get a deposit.

I find that car keys work well.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Mudcat

Quote from: grunt soldier on May 04, 2013, 04:55:47 PM
Quote from: Mudcat on May 04, 2013, 08:57:22 AM

Do your local stores have any Mudcat?  If so any chance I can talk you into buying a few and I'll grab them from you at the Nashville shoot?

I have no idea to tell you the truth it is not something that I look for, I am stocked pretty good onj them for my LTRs and myself I prefer to shoot my 795 or FVSR when I shoot. How many do you want? I will be going to Daves tomorrow, he usually has them.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

grunt soldier

Quote from: TASG on May 04, 2013, 04:52:45 PM
Hello, we have a few here at the army surplus store in bedford. For Project applseed use only please.
Thanks, Troy

Troy how much are they sir?

And mudcat I'll sent you a txt about it. I guess it depends on how much they are.

olefido

CNC here in Benton, IL has Ruger factory mags. These are the clear ones. I bought three in the last couple of weeks and he still had 10 or 15 as of Tuesday. I am planning on picking up another 1 or 2 this Tuesday. 16.99 each. He also had a lot of the Butler Creek steel lips mags for 10/22s. Only problem is that he's only open on Tuesdays from 1-5 and on some Fridays.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Pain Killer

"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Pitmaster

If you need a few until you find some to purchase let me know. I can loan you some.

I have quite a few I use as loaners. The bottoms are painted red. I like the car key deposit suggestion.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Slow2Speak

Trot will not be looking at a computer till probly Tuesday dont know prices for sure but I think they will be reasonable for appleseeders he accepts cash but will also accept gold, silver, laying hens and fryers.

Mutti

Quote from: Slow2Speak on May 06, 2013, 12:12:40 AM
... but will also accept gold, silver, laying hens and fryers.

What about Goat Kids? They're harder to ship, but we need our hens this year...
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

9mm4545

Must have been too slow. Sportsman's Warehouse shows "unavailable"--which is pretty much the story everywhere. I have been looking for two more 10-round factory mags for my loaner collection of 10/22's for over a month with no luck. Sucks.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Mudcat

I picked him up a couple Rayne, he may need more but he is not without now.
--George Washington

Charles McKinley

I marked my loaners with a goldish-copper Sharpie Paint marker on the bottom and wrote my forum name on the sides.  It make them much easier to spot and have them returned.

I like the deposit idea.

I think I'll paint my loaner swivels Hot Pink.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

TASG

Sorry it took me so long to get back to everyone, I'm not usually on the computer unless I am here at the store. The price for the 10/22 mags is $15.00 for Appleseeders.   

Troy

grunt soldier

Ok Troy thanks. I sent rayne a pm to see if she could grab a few when she stops by today.

olefido

Didn't get to CNC today to check on the Ruger mags but I got two ProMag metal AR 30 rd GI style mags for $16.98 ea at the local Rural King. ;D Anybody got any 20 rd'ers.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

grunt soldier

all taken care of thanks to Mudcat and Bedford Army/navy surplus store.  thanks everyone