News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IL has TWO NEW RED HATs

Started by dond, May 02, 2013, 10:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Please help me congratulate Steck and DrRichP who earned their RHs simultaneously at Marion, IL, this past weekend. They both did a fabulous job and will be a significant boost to the Northern IL cadre.  ^:)^
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Kelso

Congratulations to Steck and DrRichP - Illinois is very fortunate!!!   ^:)^
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

Tornado

Congratulations and well done! O0

-Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

RBKL

Contrats!!!   ^:)^
Hope to see you on the trail!!!

RBKL

Karl

Congrats!!!!!

Well earned   O0

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Mutti

Yeah! I'm so happy to see these fine folks and our Illinois group grow yet again    ^:)^

Just in case anyone missed the Tradition being passed on...

From He...

To Thee...

(Hey Steck - remember April 29th, 2012 when you took your Orange Hat?):

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Prairie Eagle

Congrats to Steck and DrRichP !!!

Well done  O0

Steck

Thanks, everyone!  For those of you who haven't worked with DrRichP yet, he's a lot of fun and a real sharp guy who really really  earned that red hat.

Mutti holy smokes it's really been a year!   Seems like a month and a decade all at the same time.

It's really true, Appleseeders are the best folks you'll ever meet.  LET'S MAKE SOME MORE!

DrRichP

Thank you to all for the kind words of congratulations. I'm looking forward to working with many of you and having a lot of fun instructing. I'd also like to thank all those who taught me, and shared with me so that I may be here. I wouldn't be a red hat without you. THANK YOU!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

imadentist

Congrats to you both!  I enjoyed working the line with you in Marion and look forward to seeing you both again. 
Russ

TheEditor

Congrats to both and thanks for helping!

A year orange to red is pretty good.  Let's see how long it takes to turn those hats green...

TheEditor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

The Nailer

olefido

Congratulations Steck and DrRichP. Keep up the good work.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Sly223

Dr. Rich Great to call you colleage, ^:)^
You super supprised me on this one! :-[ ..:..
Fantastic Job both of you!
I can't wait to work the line with you.
I was instructing at your first event was I Shootboss yet?
I finally got mt green hat! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Reddot

Congratulations to you both, well done O0

Yogi

Mamba

Huzzah!  Congratulations, and look forward to seeing you on the trail!  :~
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." - Revelations 6:8