News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Does anybody know how to get a Marlin/Appleseed LTR?

Started by Corvette, May 02, 2013, 12:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Maybe I missed something along the way but what's the deal on getting one of the new Marlin LTRs?  Gallery of Guns site no longer exists and Davidson's site is for dealers only.  So are there no other distribution channels?  Or do we have to hope that the local gun shops are magically going to start stocking them?  Does anybody have an update for us? 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

jwebster

Corvette

You are correct.  I couldn't get there this morning.  Works now, thanks for the help. Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Unbridled Liberty

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?  Practice.

How do you get a Marlin 795 LTR?  Patience.
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Charles McKinley

Brown will make an announcement when they are available.  They haven"t gone into production yet.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

slim

We did our best to let them know how big a deal this was at the NRA Convention. Whenever someone would ask about it, we'd point them to their booths and say, "Go ask them. Matter of fact, take this card with you and give it to them." Not sure how many cards they got but the aim was to have them get so many they'd say, "Stop it. Stop it. We're making the rifle already. Calm down."

Brown

Quote from: slim on May 09, 2013, 06:13:50 PM
We did our best to let them know how big a deal this was at the NRA Convention. Whenever someone would ask about it, we'd point them to their booths and say, "Go ask them. Matter of fact, take this card with you and give it to them." Not sure how many cards they got but the aim was to have them get so many they'd say, "Stop it. Stop it. We're making the rifle already. Calm down."

Davidsons had 60+ cards come into the booth. Actually quite good considering the mass of humanity there and the amount of things to see. I am keeping in contact with the factory manager and will send a mass alert the day I hear that the first component has started manf.
on a side and related note one of the upper sales managers of Marlin asked for Appleseed to coordinate company events for ALL of their employees across the US. this includes mgt, sales, office people,and factory workers. Thousands of them. Marlin has full buy -in of the civic responsibility we preach about and they WANT their employees to hear the message.

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

George Hacker

Quote from: Brown on May 09, 2013, 06:37:02 PM
On a side and related note one of the upper sales managers of Marlin asked for Appleseed to coordinate company events for ALL of their employees across the US. this includes mgt, sales, office people,and factory workers. Thousands of them. Marlin has full buy -in of the civic responsibility we preach about and they WANT their employees to hear the message.

Wow.  That is awesome!
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

SPQR

Mr. Fink is the real deal.  He wants to see this Country get better and he believes in Appleseed.  Its important that everyone understand the complexities of the current situation with regards to arms and ammunition manufacturing in the U.S. right now.  Check out the bit in the front of American Rifleman last month for a slightly humorous slightly aggravating read about it.

Its also important we understand the nature of corporate movement.  The majority of our Industry Team are professional corporate salesmen and I was reminded by each one of them that corporations do not move without intent or act out of rashness or takes leaps of faith.  They only act when they are good and ready.  to some extent we are at their mercy on the issue.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Unbridled Liberty

Davidsons had 60+ cards come into the booth. Actually quite good considering the mass of humanity there and the amount of things to see. I am keeping in contact with the factory manager and will send a mass alert the day I hear that the first component has started manf.
on a side and related note one of the upper sales managers of Marlin asked for Appleseed to coordinate company events for ALL of their employees across the US. this includes mgt, sales, office people,and factory workers. Thousands of them. Marlin has full buy -in of the civic responsibility we preach about and they WANT their employees to hear the message.

Give me a name and contact info for Marlin in Kentucky and we will make it happen.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

scuzzy

Brown & SQPR did one outstanding job at the NRA Convention.

You should have seen them. They both looked looked like a biker in a courtroom (they were both wearing suits). Looked like pros and acted like pros as well.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Brown

Already emailed Fink to get a master list of locations and # of employees so as to begin a logistics plan. UL you will be at the top of the notify list!

Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on May 09, 2013, 07:00:12 PM

Give me a name and contact info for Marlin in Kentucky and we will make it happen.

UL

SPQR

Biker in a courtroom?

AK in 3-gun?

You mean when I wasn't sick and snotting up parts of my brain?
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Brown

UM WHat? #) #)

Quote from: SPQR on May 14, 2013, 11:50:25 PM
Biker in a courtroom?

AK in 3-gun?

You mean when I wasn't sick and snotting up parts of my brain?