News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Hampshire

Started by Nickle, August 19, 2008, 11:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickle

I'd like to welcome and introduce our New Hampshire State Coordinator, Firewall99.

He attended the Bennington Appleseed, liked what he saw, and graciuosly volunteered to be the NH SC.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Fred

Firewall, I haven't met you, haven't talked to you - haven't even seen you - but I can tell you, I like you already - because you volunteered.

You can't volunteer for a program like this, and not be a good guy, in my book.

So welcome aboard. Big time.

And glad you're here.

Now, get to recruiting some others.

California is ready to set the example for the rest of the country. I'd like to see New England step in and show them how it's really done. ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Nickle

I'm telling you, Fred, you should've been at Bennington.

You missed meeting Firewall, missed what will probably stand as one of our highest Shooter/Rifleman ratios yet (43%), and a couple of nice presentations on the Battle of Bennington and the Battle of Saratoga.

Beautiful weather, beautiful range, only downsides were the small turn-out (working on that) and not making use of a NICE 500 yard range (working on that too, slowly).

We WILL almost 100% for sure be doing the same event there the SAME weekend next year (15/16 Aug).

Sunday's reenactor knew his history well. Yup, I'm sure I had met him before. Had with him a nice Pennsylvania rifle, .50 cal, LEFT HANDED, no less. Only non-authentic thing on it was the rear sight (adjustable) and that was because he hunts with that rifle.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

crak

Woohoo!!!

Thanks for stepping up in the great state of NH.
Check your drama at the door.

crak

Hmm, isn't this the part where Firewall makes his first speech?

;)
Check your drama at the door.

Firewall99

I guess I have to pay more attention to this thread.  Thanks, Lloyd, for bringing it to my attention.  And thank you all for such a warm welcome! 

The Bennington shoot, my first, was more fun that I've had in a long time.  I loved the part about the British not even aiming!  It's a great little tidbit that highlights our history education function, and everyone I've told it to was amazed.

I have been busy rounding up potential sites for the first few NH shoots.  I have my eye on two gun clubs and one individual.  I've talked to two of them already, and they caught my excitement.  Should know more a few days.

One club has an indoor range that can shoot prone, so if that works out, we'll have a winter option! Their board meets Sept. 9th.  I'm hoping to give them a presentation that night around 7 PM EST.  Is there any chance that someone more knowledgable than I can be near a phone that evening, so I can, assuming cell coverage, call during a break in the board meeting and get some of their questions answered?

I'm working on revamping the intro letter to send to new prospect clubs and farmers.  When it's done, to whom shall I send it to for approval/comments?  I also have a new Word template for Appleseed letterhead I can send in, too.

What I really need right now, before Constitution day (Sept. 21st), are generic Appleseed brochures that aren't geared to any specific event.  Do we have any, preferably in color?  A tri-fold would be ideal.  I can use them to distribute to gun shops, club boards, and liberty events.  I actually could use them this Saturday, too.  We have a lot of liberty events in NH.  I could distribute about 100 easily.

I did run into a little flak at one gun shop, whose proprietor's dad thought we were some sort of radical terrorist group.  He's blind and wheelchair-bound, so he doesn't get out much, let alone read the internet.  I was struck dumb.  Maybe I ought to memorize the disclaimer from the web site.  I need a comeback for ignorant neocons.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement.  I believe NH will step up to the plate.
"The timid and fearful cannot defend liberty or anything else." - G. Edward Griffin, author of The Creature from Jekyll Island and founder of Freedom Force International (www.freedom-force.org)

"You make the decision now to be afraid, and you will never turn back--your whole life, you will always be afraid."
-- From "Unbreakable"

The litany against fear is an incantation used by the Bene Gesserit in Dune to focus their minds and calm themselves in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

"Take away fear, and the battle of Freedom is half won." - William Ralp

B9

For the ojections read some of this.....
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2702.0

Alot of information, forms, fliers and stuff here.....
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=14.0

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

dwarven1

Quote from: Firewall99 on August 22, 2008, 12:03:25 AMOne club has an indoor range that can shoot prone, so if that works out, we'll have a winter option! Their board meets Sept. 9th.  I'm hoping to give them a presentation that night around 7 PM EST.  Is there any chance that someone more knowledgable than I can be near a phone that evening, so I can, assuming cell coverage, call during a break in the board meeting and get some of their questions answered?
Sounds doable - Where is this club, John? Maybe I can even run up there after work on the bike.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Firewall99

There are actually two clubs to look at, and when negotiations reach an appropriate point for publication, I'll schedule tours, hopefully both on the same day.  Then I'll invite you guys to help me look them over.

Until then I think its better not to name names.  I'm purposefully picking clubs near I-91 with the hope that, at the beginning at least, we can draw on both the VT instructor core and the VT member shooters to add power to liftoff.

Once I have one shoot in the state under my belt, the plan is to expand South and East toward Nashua and Manchester, which of course, will bring them closer to you!
"The timid and fearful cannot defend liberty or anything else." - G. Edward Griffin, author of The Creature from Jekyll Island and founder of Freedom Force International (www.freedom-force.org)

"You make the decision now to be afraid, and you will never turn back--your whole life, you will always be afraid."
-- From "Unbreakable"

The litany against fear is an incantation used by the Bene Gesserit in Dune to focus their minds and calm themselves in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain.

Firewall99

Quote from: crak on July 09, 2008, 08:48:22 PM
Minis are where it's at.  Everybody has to practice sometime.  Might as well do it with buddies or (if you're lucky) an instructor around to take a look at what you can improve on....

And if you're trying to get a club, what objection could there be to a small weekday night event once every month or so?  Then once you establish that all important presence how can they deny a weekend to their own local group?

What a great idea!  GMB74 runs minis over at Proctor, VT, every Monday night at 5 PM.  I'm going to go to one and check it out as soon as I can.

-- From "Unbreakable"

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain.

Nickle

Quote from: Firewall99 on August 22, 2008, 12:03:25 AM

I did run into a little flak at one gun shop, whose proprietor's dad thought we were some sort of radical terrorist group.  He's blind and wheelchair-bound, so he doesn't get out much, let alone read the internet.  I was struck dumb.  Maybe I ought to memorize the disclaimer from the web site.  I need a comeback for ignorant neocons.

Mention a few of the shops/businesses that we somewhat affiliate with or are supported by.

John's Gun Shop in Morrisville, VT is one. They donated 3 rifles (new 10/22's) to the cause, to be used as loaners.

Farnsworth Ammunition in Vergennes, VT (really in Panton, which has no Post Office) is another. Yes, that is my father and myself.

Both will be known to some folks in your area, as we do Gun Shows in the general area (Chester, White River Junction and Brattleboro).

Resign yourself to the fact that you are going to run into ignorant idiots, as that shop won't be the last.