News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

3650 yard shot at the NRA Whittington Center

Started by TaosGlock, April 29, 2013, 01:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

Congratulations! to Rifleman Billy Carter for his confirmed 2.07 mile (3650 yds) engagement at 3:00 pm last Sat during Whittington U's Extreme Long Range III class! Wow! The class was on April 24-25.

High end Vortex optic, model is stated on vid below.
Because Billy cares enough to send the very best, his 375 CheyTac  load for his rifle was a 350 gr. Hooker Tactical solid copper nickle bullet with a BC of .839 and 136.5 grains of Retumbo at 3125 fps. Fed GM215's sparked the massive load of propellant.

Billy had the scope maxed out. It has a 35 Moa base. The scope has 125 Moa in adjustment. He had to put the target in the very bottom of the ocular. The crosshairs have 35 Moa.

We had our Patriot's Day event that weekend over the hill on the Coors Range, but heard of this from the NRA WC's Assistant Executive Program Director, Robbie Roberts, as we were doing our AAR with NRA WC staff.

The NRAWC face book page has more details/pics along with a couple of pics of our shoot.

Interview with Billy Carter who successfully engaged the 2.07 mile target
during a Whittington U Extreme Long Range III Course on April 24, 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t6V46lH3xs

Actual shot vid!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPbQ3SYpXpY&feature=player_embedded

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

connibear

Awesome. Congrats Billy. O0 Does he have a hat yet? ;D
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Aromatic

Wow, wonder if that is the owner of "Carters Country" outdoor/gun stores in the Houston area.  Does that make him a 10x rifleman since the target was 0.4 MOA?  I guess he would have to get five in a row for that :)

If it is the same guy, I am glad he enjoys his long range rifles because he is no fan of semi auto guns at his range.  He charges extra for rifles with pistol grips, detachable mags, etc and also was part of a group that tried to ban gun shows in Houston..... Oh, he also supported the 1994 AWB.  Might be better off not to give him a hat... at least until he gets his mind right.  I like his shirt though.

His stores were also involved with Fast and Furious.....

TaosGlock

Ug, and a bit more research on the "rumor-net" says he calls gun shows the "scourge of the industry".
I will have to have a quick aside chat with WC staff this week about this.
...dang hobby shooters. !@#)
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose