News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New guy in upstate SC

Started by Thorn, April 25, 2013, 10:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorn

Hi all!  Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I didn't see a new member introduction thread.

I'm Dave and I'm currently in upstate SC, looking to get started with Project Appleseed.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and to getting my family involved with the program. 

"An armed society is a polite society" - RA Heinlein

DEH

Welcome!  First step is get thee to an Appleseed.  If South Carolina doesn't have a date that suits you, there are plenty of dates in NC and GA.
-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Pain Killer

Is Charlotte close for you? There is an Appleseed there June 15-16.
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

dreamerofdreams

Welcome!

Our next scheduled shoot is in Columbia on 1-2 June.  We're also working to get a few more shoots on the schedule!
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

Thorn

Quote from: DEH on April 26, 2013, 08:27:08 AM
Welcome!  First step is get thee to an Appleseed.  If South Carolina doesn't have a date that suits you, there are plenty of dates in NC and GA.

Thanks for the welcome.  I'll check the local events.

Thorn

Quote from: Pain Killer on April 26, 2013, 08:30:56 AM
Is Charlotte close for you? There is an Appleseed there June 15-16.

Charlotte is a little over an hour away for me.  I wasn't even thinking about NC - thanks for the heads-up!

Thorn

Quote from: dreamerofdreams on April 26, 2013, 10:55:23 AM
Welcome!

Our next scheduled shoot is in Columbia on 1-2 June.  We're also working to get a few more shoots on the schedule!

Sweet - I look forward to it.

Thorn

Okay, I checked the locations and it looks like it's actually going to be closer for me to drive to the event in Waxhaw on June 15th and 16th.

Guess I better start getting our gear together.

Cookintraining

I too am a newbie, not to Appleseed, but to the forum from the Upstate. With a Million people in the area one would think that we could have our own event....any ideas out there that I can help/encourage/organize?
"Never had much use for one" Matthew Quigley's comment when asked about the Colt Revolver

Pain Killer

If you are a member of a local range, approach your Board of Directors to invite Project Appleseed in the door and we will come. If you know someone with land we can help to set up a 25 yard range on their land. If money comes easy to you, buy some land and we are there. Send out emails and letters to local ranges encouraging them to give Project Appleseed a chance at their range, we can come and do a Private Appleseed for their Board of Directors. If you have any of the above contacts that are interested, you can PM me or your State Coordinator Adena. Thank you for your interest!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

dreamerofdreams

As PK said, we would love to run a shoot in the area!  Let us know if you know of a friendly range!

Cookintraining

I've heard that the gun clubs are pretty anal in this area regarding Appleseed. I am not a member of any so I strike out there. If I can find 25 meters + of ground, How much of a berm is considered adequate for a back stop? Both tall and wide?
"Never had much use for one" Matthew Quigley's comment when asked about the Colt Revolver

Thorn

Completed the first day of my first Appleseed event in Newberry SC today and the wife and I are stoked.  We had a great time learning from very skilled instructors. 

Can't wait to go back for the second day tomorrow.

dreamerofdreams

Thorn,

It was great to meet you this weekend!  I hope to see you and your family soon!

We should have an AAR up soon, please check it out and share your experiences.

Best,
Heather

armaborealis

Quote from: dreamerofdreams on November 03, 2013, 08:43:48 PM
Thorn,

It was great to meet you this weekend!  I hope to see you and your family soon!

We should have an AAR up soon, please check it out and share your experiences.

Best,
Heather

+1!   :)
Rifleman - 1 July 2012 - Gaston, SC
KD Qual - 27 September 2014 - Elberton, GA