News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hoosier fall roundup

Started by hawkhavn, August 17, 2008, 09:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Riflemen and aspirants,

We are winding down 2008 and we need to see where we are at for this year and next.
First off, next weekend, AUG 22-24, is the Indy 1500 Gun Show in Indianapolis, we are currently very short handed and could really use some help.  Admission is free if you contact me ahead of time, this is a great way to tell your Appleseed story to a lot of people.  This is an opportunity to perform the 7th step and any Appleseed attendee can do it, you do not need to be an Instructor or even a Rifleman, just motivated. Sing out if you can help.

Next...AUG 30-31, is the Riley shoot near Terre Haute, we currently have 13 pre-registered but I imagine we'll come in around 30.  But that depends on everyone talking it up these last 2 weeks.  If you haven't pre-registered, do so.  The shoot is capped at 30 due to berm width restrictions, so get you and yours signed up now!

OCT 18 and 19 brings another double header to Indiana.  We will be having simultaneous shoots at opposite ends of the state.  Evansville and Wabash, get pre-registered now and help us guage the interest.  If you are an IIT or Instructor get registered with Nickle ASAP.

Next year I am setting the goal for 12 shoots and either an IBC or a full boot camp.  Sur+Rifle is arranging for three shoots (at least) in the Evansville area.  If you would like to have local shoots (Wabash, Riley, etc.), get with your local clubs now and start investigating dates.  I intend to have a planning session at the Riley shoot in two weeks to rough out our plans.

Our plans?  That's right, Indiana now has an Instructor corps strong enough to make it's own way.  We are setting the schedule and we will probably be exporting instructors next year as needed.  By the way, having just returned from a weeklong boot camp in Kemmerer, Wyoming, being an Appleseed Instructor certainly can have it's perqs.  Beautiful country and great people, if you are interested get signed up as an IIT now and make a trip or two next year. Remember, nationally we're putting on 200+ shoots in 2009!

Last but not least, a designated Appleseed range.  I have one possibility lined up right now, how are you doing with scouting out another one (or two or three)?  With the exception of Wabash we are short on ranges up in the northern tier of the state. Lexington was our sole shoot in the SE this year.  Start making contacts now so we can harvest them next year.

Let me know what you think,
Hawkhavn
IN State Coordinator

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com