News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palm Bay / Port Malabar April 20 & 21 2013 !

Started by draken, April 22, 2013, 08:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draken

My first Appleseed!

I did not earned the Patch this time but I am not disappointed. Quite the contrary! I am very satisfied because I learned a lot, specially that the Patch might not be the end but the beginning of something very special and important.

Bill-o-rites, Sly223, Malabar, rest of the staff (sorry! Did not get forum names  ??? ) and my fellow Appleseeders, I would like to thank you all for a couple of wonderful day full of history, tradition, marksmanship, fun and camaraderie!

I'm sore, lost some skin from my elbows and cheek and got a little burn in my belly (Sly, you were right, one .22 case is nothing, but 4 or 5 are critical mass  ;D ) but I cannot wait to it again and again! In the meantime, I have some homework to do ... I have a list of things I have to work on and some equipment changes to make before my next event.

THANK YOU!

Ivan

"Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice."
~David K. Webster~

Sly223

Ivan,
you are a fantastic shot!
I very much enjoyed workin' with you.
You are always welcome on my line and with out a doubt I look foward to you becoming a colleage in the near future!
This country this program and this phenominal theory of free men who are capable of governing ones self needs to be planted in every American and taught and neurtured!
Thanks for being a bud on the Apple Tree! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Guntuckian

It was my first Appleseed, as well!  I enjoyed it immensely, but more importantly I learned a tremendous amount thanks to the excellent instruction.  Very well done, and I met some extremely nice folks.

And I doubled my AQT scores Saturday to Sunday, after I could avoid Kentucky Windage -- had to drift the rear iron sight on a stock 10/22 by 32.5 thousandths Saturday night!

Still lots to learn to make Rifleman, but it definitely will be worth the effort.  I am looking forward to the next one!

My favorite oral history story was Samuel Whittemore by Malabar!

Thanks,
Gary

--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Sly223

Malabar is a great instructor and a better historian.
He is well on his way to Red Hat and beyond if he so wishes!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!