News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Miamisburg, OH 20 & 21 April 2013 AAR

Started by DGMilty, April 22, 2013, 12:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGMilty

Miamisburg, OH 20 & 21 April 2013

SB MeanStreaker
SBIT  DGMilty
Instructor GoldFish
IIT  (Saturday only) Living Hand

A big THANK YOU to the Miamisburg Sportsmen Club for hosting yet another event this past weekend.

Thanks to MeanStreaker for keeping an eye on me and letting me run the show!  Always enjoy your enthusiasm and mentoring!

Rainfall earlier in the week leading up to the Appleseed left us with a wet range.  This may have accounted for not having two more shooters in attendance with us this weekend.  Another individual transferred to another venue.  We had to adjust the line accordingly on Saturday to avoid the mud, but Sunday back to the "normal" location, again to avoid the mud.  Saturday the temperature was in the mid 50's with lots of sunshine!  Overnight Saturday there was a freeze warning, and starting out Sunday the temperature was right at the freezing mark.  Sunday's temperature was back in the mid to upper 50's, and plenty of sunshine.

A GREAT weekend to remember our forefathers for the big April 19th shoot!

SIX new Riflemen, One requalify...,Congratulations!   
Mitch - Saturday
Greg - Saturday
Aaron - Saturday
PJ - Saturday
Dan - Sunday
Jeff - Sunday

A couple minor safety issues, chamber flags and safeties.  Didn't we cover this well enough?      Maybe one of the first things we learn is the first to be forgotten.  Other than that...    

Again, I would like to extend the offer to our Riflemen  to seriously consider taking the Orange Hat.     I know you have what it takes.

Congrats to Living Hand on the promotions.

See you down the trail!

DGMilty

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

HammBone

As a first-time Appleseed shooter, I'd like to thank MeanStreaker, DGMilty, Goldfish and Living Hand for the quality time they spent with our group. I learned a lot and my shooting improved very measurably. I went in with many decades behind a gun, but I put all that aside and opened up to the new experience and was rewarded. I shot six AQTs with an official score and a Rifleman patch on my second one: 227, 238, 218, 231, 237 and 225. Rifle was a 40+ year old 10/22 upgraded to LTR specs running a nice Kidd trigger pack and extended mag release.

New Riflemen...

And then there is the obligatory of the Shoot Boss:

1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

DGMilty

(That's where MeanStreaker was hiding!  Had that canopy over him all weekend!   @)  )
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Ratchett

I sure hope Starbuck made him mow the lawn when he got home!!!  ;) ;D
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Living Hand

Quote from: DGMilty on April 22, 2013, 12:18:02 PM
SIX new Riflemen, One requalify...,Congratulations!   
Mitch - Saturday
Greg - Saturday
Aaron - Saturday
PJ - Saturday
Dan - Sunday
Jeff - Sunday

(Wow - Two more on Sunday.)

A big thanks to all my fellow instructors and the students for kicking butt, and turning out so many new Riflemen!   O0
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

"Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as freedom, should not be highly rated."

MeanStreaker

Now that was a chair!  When I stole it from Mitch and he pulled out the canopy late Sunday afternoon, I think I fell in love.  Alas, I barely knew her and then we were whisked apart....  I guess we'll always have Patriot's Weekend 2013.   :'(

Thanks everyone for a wonderful event.  It was great being part of a full line learning about their American birthright.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

GoldFish

This past weekend turned out to be a wonderful event!  Thanks to the club for hosting, to the shooters for coming out and continuing the American tradition gaining knowledge of their American heritage.

Congrats to the new Riflemen! :---  Hammbone, you certainly came prepped (down to the RWVA patch and everything!), and it certainly showed throughout Saturday and culminated in your original 238 AQT score; darn fine shootin'.

It was a pleasure working with you Ben, and I hope to do so again in the future.  Dave, fine job as SB; it's great working a shoot under your direction.

MeanStreaker, you're the best.  I truly cannot tell you how much you've impacted me as an instructor, American, and man.  I will always remember and treasure the evenings, meals, and car rides spent with you this past weekend.
Folks, go to a shoot with MeanStreaker and spend some quality time with an incredible Patriot.

Great weekend; not sure when, but I can't wait to do it again!

Remember that a rifleman score is just a step.  This country needs help, and scoring 210 on a piece of paper is only symbolic of attitude possessed and a set of values lived by each and every moment.  Rifleman is not a score, it is a mindset, it is action.

Until next time,
Stay the Course.

---GoldFish
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity