News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lodi, WI April 20-21, 2013 AAR

Started by Trisha, April 21, 2013, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

What a great weekend! The weather held off for us, well besides some wind...but all in all we were pleasantly surprised it. Thank you to the Winnequah Gun Club for allowing us to have an Appleseed there. Thank you Infidel for coming out to help me instruct. Thank you to all the shooters for coming out, not only did you entertain yourself, but you bettered yourself!

We were able to get one Rifleman this weekend, Bill with a 220! Congratulations to you, your picture will be up soon, I promise.  ;D

Everyone else, keep it up you all were very close!

It was great seeing all the families that were there.

Bill thank you for inviting Brad, who was able to drag his two boys along, John(15) and Ryan(22)...all four of you seemed to enjoy yourselves throughout the weekend.

We had another Bill there who brought his son Sam(21), you two were changing out guns a bit since things weren't always going right, but even though there were a few frustrations like your rear sight on your mini14 coming loose twice...you still were smiling! A special thanks goes to Sam for helping Infidel and myself out quite a bit with handing out targets and checking rifles on Saturday.

RangerTee(Todd), it was great to see you and your family again! I wish Alison was feeling better so she could've joined us, but we'll see her another time! I am glad your wife Amy and your son Jacob(11) were able to join us! Jacob's quote about Appleseed is that, "it is like Christmas!" Thank you for that, I am really glad you all were able to join us again!

Charles, great job this weekend too! You worked really well with your fellow shooters, I noticed this a lot when we were carding sights.

I hope you all are able to come back again soon, and thank you for making my first solo Shoot Boss experience memorable.

Trisha

Group shot

Listening to a DOM story told by Infidel

Amy

John

colycat

Congrats Trisha on your being thrown in to the deep end of SB'ing.  Since you didn't report on any injuries,  A safe shoot is a good shoot and I am sure you did much better than that O0.  Thanks  Infidel for helping my daughter out O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Trisha

Charles

Brad 'praying' for Bill. It must have worked since Bill scored Rifleman!

Bill, with Bill praying behind him and Infidel with a big grin.

Ryan

Trisha

Sam shooting the beautiful Garand...ping!

First place team for the star shoot, Ryan, Brad and John

First place winners for the target shoot Bill and Bill

Second place winners for the tv target Todd and Jacob

Bill and Ryan cleared Sunday afternoon's Redcoat!

Bill our Rifleman!!!

Trig

Looks like another great Wisconsin shoot!! Thanks to all the shooters who are well on their journey to becoming rifleman!!!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Infidel

It was a pleasure to work with everyone!, Trisha put on a great shoot with one rifleman (Bill  ^:)^ ) and a couple of others knocking on the door. The weather was typical Wisconsin in April sunny,cloudy,snowy,sprinkles,windy,cold, and yes when the target line was taken down at the end of the day finally warm  :P. I know I will see many of you at another Appleseed take care.
Infidel

martin

Nice action shot with the Garand!
Well done everyone.
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

RustyRed

Eric Buhlmann

Wish I could have been there to help.  Congratulations to Bill on making Rifleman, and to Trisha for a successful 'bossing!!!   :---
"Did I seriously just hit that?"

Bisonwill53704

Thanks to Trisha and Infidel for running a GREAT shoot!

Sam and I show every April, to honor the day that Liberty was born, to improve our skills and to make a bunch of new friends.  We are shooting just below 200...but we are smiling a lot, and we'll correct those last imperfections and earn our patches eventually!

Can't say enough about the instruction and attention that Trisha and Infidel invested to make this a great weekend. 

That dedication demonstrates the continuing strength of the volunteer leadership that defeated the greatest military power of the 18th century with farmers, tavernowners, and housekeepers...who were also riflemen.  Remember that their blood flows in our veins: honor their aspirations by striving towards their accomplishments and glimpsing the vision of the nation that they shouldered into existence.   Thanks again, Bill and Sam

RangerTee

A salute to Trisha and Infidel for running a great weekend shoot.  Thank you for committing all of your time to Appleseed and keeping Liberty alive.  On behalf of my family and I thanks!!  Hope to see you both at another Appleseed soon (also hoping the ammo supply gets more plentiful too). :cool2:  Great collection of pics by the way.....  :pics: Nice way to pass an easy internet link on to friends and get them to join a future event.  Todd
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."  - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (Japanese Navy, 1942)

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.