News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine, WI April 20-21, 2013 Patriot's Weekend !!

Started by Janir, April 18, 2013, 03:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janir

Great First Day Everyone!! You guys were all Eager and Fantastic students!!

Here's the first picture rushes from Day 1!!

The Memorial Salute Line!

AQT time!!!

Quality Family time! I love family photos on the line!! That's helping grow our Posterity right there!

The Luther Blanchard awards

Group Shot - Great looking bunch! (except those two  Ugly Mug Red Hats!)

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Trig

What a great shoot!!  I hope everyone enjoyed experiencing our heritage, and making ouR forefathers proud.  I'm sure Isaac Davis, was smiling down on us from the heavens as we remember all who sacrificed for what we have!

I think we should petition to call WI "the sunshine state" after all the great weather we've been having at our events!!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Trig

We also got the opportunity to take a few over to the Full size range for a little KD!!

Our target line from 300 yards away:

Target line @ 300 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Andrew taking aim with his Service grade M1 Garand (thank you CMP!):

Andrew @ 300 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Kyle taking aim with a Preban NM M1A:

Kyle @ 300 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

IIT Chewie was also shooting KD, but the picture didn't seem to turn out.

ALL 3 making hits on 16" steel @300!!! (Thank you Arntzen targets!)

Truly proud to be an American!!

Great shooting everyone!!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Janir

Day 2!
Excellent Sunday! We've got a few more pics from today!

Moar AQTs!!

The Farley Family! A shout out to Jesse and Livi for the most improved shooters. They went from barely scoring 50 to Marksman y the end of the day! They were knocking on the Rifleman's Patch door by the end of the day! Absolutly FANTASTIC!!
..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:..
Here's Dad

The Ladies themselves...

The family that shoots together stays together!

And here's the 2 ladies with DrRichP who was personally responsible for helping these girls improve so much! My hat's off to DrRichP!!

In the end, preserving this, is what it's all about! Great weekend Everybody!
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Gunner

What a great weekend celebrated with enthusiastic shooters and fellow patriotic citizens.  We all froze and battled high winds and low temps but we all stuck it out and had great fun.  Thanks to my fellow instructor group and patriotic shooters for helping  me appreciate and remember how important our Liberty and Freedom is to all of us.
Gunner
Love to Shoot
Rain, Shine, or Snow......On the Line!

Trig

Still smiling from all the improvement!!!

anyone remember day one??  only one shooter was effective at 100 yards....then day 2    100% of the attendies were effective out to 100 yards.   over half were effective out to 200   and about 25% all the way out to 400!!

You all are well on your journey to becoming rifleman.  Where you go from here is the BIG question.  Go over those handouts, practice with dry fire, and COME ON BACK IN JUNE   &)

:--- :---
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

snakeman67

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL INSTRUCTORS & ITTS!!
What a fantastic Patriots Weekend, despite the WIND!, Coulda been worse though, we weren't at Valley Forge, Winter encampment.....

while I didnt earn the coveted RIFLEMAN patch (I am sneaking "danger close" to it!) the instruction received was TOP NOTCH, as usual!
a special thanks to DR Rich P, for allowing me to use one of his rifles , now I know what a good trigger job feels like!
Janir-triggernick-CHEWY and all the rest (im terrible with names) of the ITTs.... HUZZAH!  Thanks for all the tips.
as usual, the 3 strikes were OUTSTANDING!
we were treated to graphics! Nice job Dr Rich! one last display of gratitude...to all those who came out and braved the elements...HUZZAH..HUZZAH...HUZZAH!  all returned on Sunday and kept hard at it! Inspiring! HEY, if 2 young ladies, 12 & 13 years of age can hack it, so can I!
well, this is SNAKEMAN saying so long, until next time..... O0
"The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing"

Laredo

3rd Appleseed for myself, daughters, and father in law....and the best one yet.

Finally getting NPOA down.

These apple seeds are character building.  My 12 and 13 year old learning and displaying incredible maturity, perseverance,  safety and responsibility.  They are learning to push beyond their limits.  It's the most joy I can have with them...to see them grow and have so much fun doing it.

Oh yea....  And they can shoot.  Man can they shoot.  My oldest shot sharpshooter and my youngest shot high marksman.  They can taste that patch!

Girls rocked it.

And to the instructors....
Out of the blue, my 13 year old said this on the drive home, "we were only there two days but they all felt like family."
...nough said....

Till next time.
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Trig

snakeman67 - Thanks for comming out, don't for get to dryfire!!  you'll get that patch soon enough!
It was great meeting ya, hope to see you in June (with some friends of course!!!!)

Loredo -  Thanks for Joining the forums!!! pull up a chair and stay a while! 
"My 12 and 13 year old learning and displaying incredible maturity, perseverance,  safety and responsibility"

Couldnt agree with you more!  Everytime I thought about being cold, I'd look at them on the line, in the dirt with big grins on their faces  ;D      and quickly re-evaluated the importance of my comfort level.

"Oh yea....  And they can shoot.  Man can they shoot"
no lies there, I scored some of the targets!!

Great job to all of you as you continue on your journey to become rifleman/riflewomen!

"we were only there two days but they all felt like family."
Can't wait til June  O0
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Janir

Ok, my eyes are having a leaking problem after reading that...

Quote from: Laredo on April 22, 2013, 01:06:14 PM

And to the instructors....
Out of the blue, my 13 year old said this on the drive home, "we were only there two days but they all felt like family."
...nough said....

Till next time.

martin

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Trig

Quote from: martin on April 22, 2013, 08:20:45 PM

What? No snow????

;D

We were spared the snow!!

I don't like to brag  ::) but I was blessed with another great crew!  Special thanks to Dr.RichP and Chewie for coming from IL and gracing each of us with their presence.    Janir for doing a GREAT job running the show as SBIT, Ralph for some fantastic instruction and an inspiring strike!  And Abinz (2DollarBill) and Gummer a couple of our new orange hats for stepping up and helping develop the next generation of rifleman!  THANK YOU ALL!
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

DrRichP

Wow! So many good things to say about this weekend! The phenomenal team I got to work with was absolutely the best. My thanks to triggernick, Janir, Beck, Chewie, Abinz, and my other teammates. Your support and friendships make all the difference!

We had a standout group of shooters too! I couldn't be prouder of them all. Some on the verge of getting their Rifleman patches (along with some pink hats for a couple of very special ladies). Some on the verge of Rifleman patches and Orange hats (lookin' at you Snakeman). I absolutely love the picture of Jess, Livi, and myself. Thanks to the ladies and my team for allowing me to work with them and the other shooters. I'll likely have to work forever to pay back all I received from this weekend...It was and continues to be my honor.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Laredo

DrRichP,
We can not make the June Racine event.  When are you and the other instructors going to be doing another?

Thanks

The Farley clan....
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Trig

Sorry to hear you cant make the next Racine event  :(
The next one in the area (that's a 2 day course) would be @ McMiller in Eagle WI: http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=404   the event is July 20-21.

After that we will be back at Racine for Sept 7-8.   

Hope to see you soon (WITH FRIENDS!!)    O0
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Laredo

We might be able to pull that one off.  Are you going to be at that one?
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd