News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA - May 18-19, 2013.

Started by Camljr, May 20, 2013, 01:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camljr

It was a small intimate shoot with 6 folks showing up on Saturday.

Mostly previous Appleseeders with a couple new faces.

Had a few knocking on the door Saturday afternoon.

Sunday we had 4 return. After lunch, we were down to 2 shooters.

No riflemen scores but there were a few riflemen in the group (if you know what I mean).

I think this ammo shortage is for the birds and may have had an effect on attendance.

I have a few pictures I will post by tomorrow evening.

Others feel free to post your comments....

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Camljr

SOME PICS, AS PROMISED...
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

noillypratt

Cam, thanks for the great instruction, thanks for letting me shoot your musket, thanks for the pictures, thanks for the quick-release sling clip, and thanks for the revolutionary war talks.  And thanks for hanging in there when there were only two students left Sunday afternoon. I have set up a 25 yd range with AQT targets from Fred and have been instructing my wife and son on gun safety, the six steps to taking a shot, shooting positions, NPOA, etc.  I hope to bring my son down to the next Appleseed.

I really respect you guys for what you are doing.  I'll see you at another Appleseed event.

John Roop