News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bailing on an individual level

Started by smoakingun, April 11, 2013, 10:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoakingun

This past Monday myself and mattra attended a town hall meeting with our representative, Ted Yoho. After listening to a bunch of geriatrics ramble incoherently about ice burgs, I had a chance to confront him with a small portion of the first strike and a bit about Hannah Davis being denied payment for the death of her husband. Mattra also had a chance to give Mr. Yoho what for. Everyone in the room reacted very well to what we had to say.

Both of us were wearing Appleseed shirts. A lot of folks noticed that too.

The following day I had a thought.

Appleseed is an apolitical organization. Is there a reason that groups of appleseeders, all in shirts, could not show up en-mass to political events, like town hall meetings, and use those opportunities to educate the politicians and the people?
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Sly223

I think,
for what it is worth,
that is fine as long as you do not were the hat,
as to be in full AS uniform.
Represent; but not directly,
as to paint the program into a corner,
you are there with your thoughts,
and are involved with AS but not AS in itself!
BTW YES YES YES! great job representing!
This is what we preach getting involved at the local level!
Fantastic job fella's keep up the good work! ..:..
If you were not there sheep would have taken over after the Elders got lost at sea with the Ice Burgs!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

smoakingun

I do not wear my ugly orange hat in public, I got style brother  :cool2:
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Sly223

It's time for a new Red shiney Hat!
I have one on hold for you, if I ever see you!
I don't understand the hold up;
you are one of the best instructors and you know the history.
There is no more commitment until SBIT;
and no need for that now so go for it !
Stop holding yourself back! ..:..
You tell the best Jason Russell!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!