News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Appleseed Pistol Clinic

Started by hawkeye, March 26, 2013, 08:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

The 30th of this month 9:00am will be our first instructor meeting for the up coming Appleseed Pistol Clinic. I will go over the course of instruction and other items. Bring your side arm ,holster, and about 200 rounds of ammo. After we finish going over the Appleseed Pistol Clinic items we can do some drills ,we have targets and I will stay at the range the rest of the day. Sometime in April I would like to do a friends and family Appleseed Pistol Clinic with instructors to polish up  the POI and get some practice in for the instructors watching the line ,clearing the line and giving instruction. Steve  (hawkeye)
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Sadman

hawkeye

I know it's a holiday, anybody else coming I'll be there if you want to just show up. Steve
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

adamsod

Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free

dreamerofdreams

"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

Bob Owens

Editor of BearingArms.com, NRA News guest, Gunsite Academy graduate, and proud Appleseed Red Hat.

Whippet

1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

hawkeye

Thank You to all that came out for the meeting, we have a good workable POI to start with and worked out safety procedures for the line. We shot a Appleseed red coat at 7 yards and decided that would work great for the red coat target for Appleseed Pistol Clinic , same course of fire. We worked on a AQT and decided that the rifle AQT would work for pistols too (a least for now). We also found out none of us can shoot a pistol very well from knelling position, that was surprising. Appleseed Pistol Clinic will be another way to reach out and spread the word about the beginning of this great country. We were too busy to take pictures,sorry nothing to see anyway. Looks like my 1911 needs a new extractor, the reason for the failure to eject problem.    PM me your Email address and I'll send the finished instructor manual. NC,SC instructors only please (for now)