News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marlin-Appleseed LTR?

Started by nyrasgt, March 24, 2013, 11:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

Fellow 'Seeders,

Any word on release of the Marlin LTR?

Would be nice to at least be able to show/distribute new Oleg posters promoting same @ the anniversary weekend   shoots...

Excelsior,
madMark/nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Charles McKinley

Brown said none had come off the line yet and would make an announcement as soon as they went into production.  If you want a poster now I would guess you would have to print one.

That is all I know.  Wish they were shipping with a brick of ammo.  ;D
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

nyrasgt

St,
    Thanks for update; understood that someone above my pay grade was reaching out to prophotographer Oleg Volk to re-do his AR15 Girl poster with the LTR (and then print thousands to be put - as was the aforementioned and VERY popular poster and 8x10 sheet) into ALL shootboxes for the encouragement of others...
     For example, @ January 2013 Albany GunShow, wherein we were forbidden to display an AR15 (purchased from, and with the seal of, the CMP) by show management, we did hang the poster, which received lots of positive recognition.
    Concur re: ammo -when CMP tells you 6-9 month wait (after selling 60 MILLION rounds between September and January)..don't care what anyone says - there's a problem.
    Olin-Winchester opened new plant in Oxford, Mississippi a year or two ago and is DOUBLING its size and running three shifts.
Excelsior,
madMark/nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Charles McKinley

Oleg has done a photo shoot with the rifle.  Pics are posted around here somewhere.  Hadn't heard of new poster yet.  But like you it is above my pay grade.  Putting back some money here and there so I can place the order though.  It is almost as cheap to shoot 7.62x54R as .22 at the moment and easier to find.

Here is a link to Marlin and the pics:

http://www.marlinforum.com/entries/The-Appleseed-Marlin-795-Liberty-Training-Rifle.html

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Another D.O.M.

"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Brown

There may have been some misunderstanding where Oleg was coming in. We had a prototype rifle sent from marlin to Oleg so he could do some photo work that we would use for the back cover of the Appleseed NRA magazine along with images to use on the web for announcing the LTR. I know there has been talk of making a new poster to replace rifle girl but that was not the same project as the LTR imaging.

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR