News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Meeting with Fred in Northern Illinois

Started by Prairie Eagle, March 23, 2013, 10:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prairie Eagle

Hey gang, Fred is going to be in Chicago for several days the 2nd weekend of April (4/11-4/16). He would like to meet with as many instructors as possible. If you've not met him, this will be a great chance, and an opportunity to discuss the Appleseed program, challenges and your feedback about Appleseed in Illinois. Pittmaster is scheduling his time with local states and days while he is visiting Chicago. It looks like Fred will be making tracks around multiple states (IL, MI, WI, IN) on Saturday and Sunday, but near the Joliet area the other dates.

To make it easiest for the most instructors to come, I was thinking of scheduling a meeting in the Plainfield or Naperville area the evening of Friday April 12th, say 7-9PM, either at a local Restaurant, Library, or my home - somewhere along the Rt 59 corridor.

If you are interested in coming, please reply in this thread, and if you have any ideas for a meeting location, add them here. As we firm up plans they will be posted here. Pittmaster is looking to finalize the schedule by April 6th. It would be great if anyone coming from other northern Illinois locations could ride share.

Steck

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Prairie Eagle

OK, Plans are set. We will meet up with Fred from 7-9PM (or stay later?) April 12 at the Wendy's restaurant at:

13407 S. RT. 59
Plainfield IL, 60585

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=13407+S.+RT.+59,+plainfield+il

Just look for the RWVA hats. It's quiet and we can chat as long as we like. For those not from the area the Mega Sports gun shop is close by if you want to shop a bit or get some range time in before hand.

We'd like to see as many of the Northern Illinois instruction crew as possible that can make it. Post a reply here if you are able to come!

Looking forward to seeing everyone indoors for a change

Hasenpheffer

Prairie Eagle

Quote from: Hasenpheffer on March 25, 2013, 10:50:16 AM
Add one more I'll be there

Awesome, IIRC I still owe you a cup of coffee (for a loaner that my wife used last year).

Yogi

Mamba

Not going to be able to make the drive up as my hubby has a commitment that night - but will be there in spirit from Urbana.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." - Revelations 6:8

Prairie Eagle

Quote from: Mamba on March 26, 2013, 12:28:56 PM
Not going to be able to make the drive up as my hubby has a commitment that night - but will be there in spirit from Urbana.

I think they were working on a Southern Illinois meetup as well (living in the middle has it benefits!) keep your eyes peeled or shoot done a PM.

Chewie

I am planning on going hope it holds up as time gets closer.
'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

Tornado

Amber Waves & I are planning to make it to this meeting. It's subject to my work schedule so it could change but I'll try to let someone know if we aren't going to make it.

-Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Kelso

Sadly, I will be on the way back from Cancun at that time and won't be able to make it.  I would really like to meet Fred again as an instructor; the first time I met him was as a participant last August.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

Prairie Eagle

Quote from: Tornado on April 04, 2013, 08:33:36 PM
Amber Waves & I are planning to make it to this meeting. It's subject to my work schedule so it could change but I'll try to let someone know if we aren't going to make it.

-Tornado

That's awesome, glad to hear you might make it.

Stonn

Prairie Eagle

Swany

Deer hunting and Ski season is over... and wow lot going on with Appleseed that I need catch up on.

:sos:

Looks like I can make it to this meeting.

Please update me on changes to the place and or time.

Thanks

Swany / Brian

Karl

sorry, but my flight does not land until about 8:00PM @ O'Hare.

I will not be able to attend.

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Kelso

If my flight lands at 4:30 pm as scheduled, I think I can make it.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

Prairie Eagle

It was great seeing everyone last night, we had a great turnout. I didm;'t count but I'd guestimate we had 10-12 instructors. Many burgers and frosty's were consumed.

A big thanks to Fred for taking the time to give us updates on the Appleseed project in 2013, field questions and get us all energized for the new season of saving the sinking ship.

2 clicks low

Can we get a more detailed AAR for those of us who couldn't make it?
New secreat handshake? Promo plans? Shoot modifications? Fred for President?

Thanks
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne