News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Michigan Gun Shows

Started by bob 210, August 07, 2008, 05:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

Anyone going to the Birch Run Gun Show on Aug 9-10? Great place to hand out flyers for the upcoming Appleseed. 8)
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Fred

What are you talking about? Aren't you from California? ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

bob 210

Yeah, but Fred sent me on a mission to go to Michigan and see if I can't stir up a little Appleseed Promotion at a local Gun Show! ;D We do have folks in MI right?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

johniim

Is anyone planning on oging to the G.R. gun show this weekend? I'm thinking of going on Saturday to look around and hand out a few flyers for the Lawrence Appleseed.

colycat

This is pitiful,  Bob 210 has to try to stir up Michigan.  And he is is California!!!!!!!  Bob has almost by himself awakened the sleeping giant( CA)  You can do it also in MI!!!!

Coly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

V

Quote from: bob 210 on August 08, 2008, 08:53:35 AM
Yeah, but Fred sent me on a mission to go to Michigan and see if I can't stir up a little Appleseed Promotion at a local Gun Show! ;D We do have folks in MI right?
Well no wonder Santa Barbara ain't getting no attention!! But its OK, SamD from New Mexico is looking after that one ;)

Boy, this Appleseed thing is just great for seeing the country...

Fred

Bob, since you'll be in the area, how about a little stop in WI, just "to stir the pot a little"?

I have a clown bat I can UPS you, if they won't let you take yours on the plane... ;D

I've personally always being amazed at the "fresh spirit of cooperation" a flogging brings out in even the worst of people...

Not to mention how it energizes people for Appleseed.

Or how, later, they sincerely "thank you" for having the love it takes to "work the bat" on 'em...

@)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

johniim

I will volunteer to represent Appleseed at any gunshow in Mi when I'm in the state. Now I don't think I'll be back to Mi until mid-june. It's kind of sad to rip on your own state but it's been my experience that there are fery few people who know what they're about.

BeeFree

THANK YOU FOR GETTING OFF THE COUCH, JOHNIIM!!!  Let me know when you'll be back when you know for sure, and which shows you'd like to attend, and what you'll need from me, if anything, when you are there.  Now, where are the rest of the Michiganders?   I KNOW they are going to gun shows.

Also, is there any chance of another shoot at your location this year after you get back?

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

johniim

I'm thinking three weeks after my return to Mi ( range prep time) early-mid July? And for the record I left the couch on 4-19-2008.

BeeFree

and I didn't get off the couch til July 4, 2008!!! ;D

Is your schedule firm enough for me to start the online stuff around the beginning of April for a mid July shoot?  If it isn't yet, shall I ask again it that time?

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Bill Winkle

Quote from: bob 210 on August 07, 2008, 05:38:27 PM
Anyone going to the Birch Run Gun Show on Aug 9-10? Great place to hand out flyers for the upcoming Appleseed. 8)

I'm there! Gathering up some material to bring for the corner of the table.
....Bill Winkle....