News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The Iron Fist of the State Coordinator &c

Started by Kaiser Leib, March 18, 2013, 06:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser Leib

LET IT BE KNOWN:

Kaiser Leib, Coordinator of the State of Montana for the Program of Appleseed, hereby ordains various other state-level offices and delegates his responsibilities to the holders of such offices.

The COORDINATOR OF INSTRUCTOR TRAINING, ADVANCEMENT, AND GENERAL EDUCATIONAL GOODITUDE shall be the revered MARK DAVIS.

The COORDINATOR OF ADMINISTRATION, THE BOOK OF FACES, AND PAPERS & ASSOCIATED WORKS shall be the lovely NECEE.

The COORDINATOR OF PROMOTIONS, FACILITIES, RANGES AND VENISON BURGERS shall be the enviable COUNTREE.

Various other coordinatorial positions are available and shall be filled by those instructors and Appleseeders whose willingness and ability are suited to the tasks. please guys do my job so i don't have to seriously

So let it be written, so let it be done!
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

AFTERMATH

LET IT HEREBY BE KNOWN:

AFTERMATH, Assistant Coordinator of the State of Minnesota and Senior Instructor for the Program of Appleseed, doth hereby recognize on behalf of the GREAT State of Minnesota, these offices and their ordainment by Kaiser Leib, Coordinator of the State of Montana for the Program of Appleseed.

May Minnesota be the first to congratulate:  the revered MARK DAVIS, the lovely NECEE and the enviable COUNTREE on their appointments.  May we also, thank them for the dedication, perseverance and accomplishments for which they have shown and achieved and will continue to show and achieve, from now until victory be ours and we are victorious!

AFTERMATH
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Mark Davis

What??? General educational GOODITUDE?

Am I authorized to purchase (with my own funds) a plaque?

This post should contain one of them there emoticoms, to let folks reading it know I'm just poking fun at the iron fist.
Just a small gesture before my soul is crushed into oblivion.

Necee

Kaiser is learning that it doesn't pay to be the first to leave the table for any reason ;). Mark we missed you and feel free to get yourself a plaque- just let me know if there are any papers you need me to take care of :)

Kaiser thanks for stepping up (even though we were kidding;)). ....mostly

George Hacker

Congratulations, Montana!  You are in good hands. ..:..

Kaiser, thank you for stepping up to help Montana Appleseed grow.

Necee, thank you for stepping up to help Kaiser from getting buried in a sea of paperwork.

Countree, thank you for stepping up to do the needful to get shooters on the lines of shoots in your great state.  Let me know what I can do to assist your efforts.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Countree

This will be a interesting road. Let us continue on our path till we reach the end. (I hope that we aren't on a Nascar Track)

Thank you all for a great IBC. I plan to get help and advice on how to delegate my duties to others.

Is there a handbook for this position?

And I am done with the venison burgar cooking. It takes away from my learning time. That will be my first order of business, I will find a fulltime AS cook for the local range.

Thank You all!

Mark Davis

Countree should be be a worthy contribitor to the handbook. Allredy he has grasped the dilemma, and forced it to submission by rounding up a cook.
Are you gonna send your cook out to catch next year's elk too?

m1awolf

Quote from: Mark Davis on March 19, 2013, 11:30:55 AM
Countree should be be a worthy contribitor to the handbook. Allredy he has grasped the dilemma, and forced it to submission by rounding up a cook.

We don't catch them ;) :---

As others have mentioned your presence was missed at the IBC. IMO we have a good instructor base being built in Montana and I hope to be able to meet the challenges ahead just as long as I don't have to cook.
A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

George Hacker

Quote from: m1awolf on March 19, 2013, 01:48:50 PM
As others have mentioned your presence was missed at the IBC. IMO we have a good instructor base being built in Montana and I hope to be able to meet the challenges ahead just as long as I don't have to cook.

Looks like Great Falls could use one or two blue hats.  :)

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Necee

I try not to cook either..... it takes away from taking notes.. (like who is the new SC  ;D )

Transform

Quote from: Countree on March 19, 2013, 10:50:27 AM
(I hope that we aren't on a Nascar Track)

Dang! He figured it out!

Is there a handbook for this position?

Not yet, but one is currently being written. I'll PM the info to you when I get a chance.

Transform

Quote from: m1awolf on March 19, 2013, 01:48:50 PM
Quote from: Mark Davis on March 19, 2013, 11:30:55 AM

We don't catch them ;) :---

M1awolf, the word "catch" is used by many hunters as a sign of respect for the hunt. It comes from several different Native traditions which were then passed on to early pioneer hunters. Among most modern meat hunters, it is still considered a sign of respect for the animals we hunt to speak of them in this way.

The Old Guide

Wow, I am no longer the newest SC. Congratulations Kaiser Lieb from the SC of Maine.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

peterlandsiedel

Im really glad Kaiser stepped up and took the position... even if we had to browbeat him into it. Regardless, MT is in good hands and I anxiously await my delegated duties from Glorious State Coordinator Kaiser!

As to the cooking, if Countree can provide the venison/elk/trout/wolf/whatever, I'd be happy to grill it up at the next shoot  ;)

hawkhavn

Well, I can at least say "I was there when it happened..."
I'm thinking gyros though.   :bow:

HH

p.s. IAAR up soon (tonight).
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

peterlandsiedel

Gyros can be done real easily. I just need a few days heads up and I can get fresh hot gyros anywhere in MT. Little Athens has even shipped Gyros to Texas, South Carolina and British Columbia before.

Regardless, I think deciding the menu at future shoots is the responsibility of our new Iron Fisted State Coordinator.

Kaiser Leib

Quote from: peterlandsiedel on March 19, 2013, 11:02:02 PM
Regardless, I think deciding the menu at future shoots is the responsibility of our new Iron Fisted State Coordinator.

The COORDINATOR OF GYROS shall be the gyradmirable PETERLANDSIEDEL.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

peterlandsiedel

Pshhhh. I'm that already. Gimme a hard job.

Countree

Transform

peterlandsiedel

That will be a difficult job considering I'm in Western Montana. I'll see what I can do.

Roland

If ya'll in Montana want some already worked-up press releases let me know. I've got some that me, Shadowman, and Western Rose worked over extensively.

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

kc2jmn

i think every one at the table was thinking the same thing when he got up and i had a good time at the IBC looking forward to the AS this weekend here in great falls hope to see some of you there